Classy Cadillacs

1959 S&S Victoria 3-way.
Owned by Buddy Cox, Mt. Vernon, Kentucky.
Ex- Glenn Funeral Home, Owensboro, Kentucky.

Taken at the PCS Volunteer Chapter Meet Berea, KY Sept 22, 2012.

Jeremy D. Ledford photos.

This made my day! I have a 59 S&S Victoria that has been in the body shop for too long to mention....someday I hope it will look this good

Here's a neat picture I found, and copied, today. No, the Woodlawn Lions Club (in Maryland) isn't about to provide ambulance service. They acquired this '42 Superior Cadillac ambulance from a local dealer in the early-'60's to promote a safe driving campaign. According to a man who's father is in the picture, the Lions club used it for about a year.

Attachments

• 42SupCadWoodlawnLionsClubMD.jpg
    42SupCadWoodlawnLionsClubMD.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,245
Couple of DE rigs. Credit to Roy W. photographer.

'55 Superior owned by Millville Volunteer Fire Co.

8110768446_0eef5a9dc0_b.jpg

'67 Miller Meteor owned by Leipsic Volunteer Fire Co.

8084259196_d6f29b374a_b.jpg

This is actually a combination - from Texas - that was converted to an ambulance in the '90s using parts from a salvage yard car. It still has its combination floor and is occasionally for funerals of department members.
Steve is correct. And I believe it's owned (or was owned) by Bob Harrington. Bob built that in honor of his parents, who drove a nearly-identical ambulance for the Millville fire co. back in the day. Bob is a Millville funeral director who used to be a PCS member. Bob is an old-school funeral director, and he and his staff wear black and wide-brimmed hats, as they serve a significant Amish community. He came to a PCS meet, and believe it or not, of all people, Zach made fun of him for dressing funny! Bob hasn't been back since, and won't be. :mad:

Steve is correct. And I believe it's owned (or was owned) by Bob Harrington. Bob built that in honor of his parents, who drove a nearly-identical ambulance for the Millville fire co. back in the day. Bob is a Millville funeral director who used to be a PCS member. Bob is an old-school funeral director, and he and his staff wear black and wide-brimmed hats, as they serve a significant Amish community. He came to a PCS meet, and believe it or not, of all people, Zach made fun of him for dressing funny! Bob hasn't been back since, and won't be. :mad:

The fact that somebody(s) felt the need to make fun of him, for his manner of dress, is appalling. Shame on them.....trust me, I'm being very polite, much harsher language almost got out in this post!!

We need more CLASS in this world, and a lot less CRASS! JMHO!!!

The fact that somebody(s) felt the need to make fun of him, for his manner of dress, is appalling. Shame on them.....trust me, I'm being very polite, much harsher language almost got out in this post!!

We need more CLASS in this world, and a lot less CRASS! JMHO!!!

Russell: I TOTALLY agree with you.... however in Zach's defense... there is another whole other chapter of PCS history in the Mid-90's that (a few) PCS Members (openly) made fun of how he dressed and looked, so not being there when this paticuliar incident happened (it could have been....said in jest) by Zach? Either way, it is a shame it happened + losing a really good member as well. BTW a BEAUTIFUL Coach! MM

Russell: I TOTALLY agree with you.... however in Zach's defense... there is another whole other chapter of PCS history in the Mid-90's that (a few) PCS Members (openly) made fun of how he dressed and looked, so not being there when this paticuliar incident happened (it could have been....said in jest) by Zach? Either way, it is a shame it happened + losing a really good member as well. BTW a BEAUTIFUL Coach! MM
My point exactly - Zach dresses very "liberally", and in spite of the fact that he dislikes others' making rude comments toward him due to his manner of dress, he also made rude comments toward Bob for dressing very "conservatively". I wasn't present, but it certainly was not taken in jest...

How can that 55 be a combo with built in (non bolted on from the appearance anyway) tunnel lights? Did they fabricate a whole new roof or something?

Abe

How can that 55 be a combo with built in (non bolted on from the appearance anyway) tunnel lights? Did they fabricate a whole new roof or something? Abe
He removed tunnel lights from a junkyard ambulance and welded them in place. The coachbuilders aren't the only ones who can fabricate body work.

How can that 55 be a combo with built in (non bolted on from the appearance anyway) tunnel lights? Did they fabricate a whole new roof or something?

As stated earlier:

This is actually a combination - from Texas - that was converted to an ambulance in the '90s using parts from a salvage yard car. It still has its combination floor and is occasionally for funerals of department members.

My point exactly - Zach dresses very "liberally", and in spite of the fact that he dislikes others' making rude comments toward him due to his manner of dress, he also made rude comments toward Bob for dressing very "conservatively". I wasn't present, but it certainly was not taken in jest...

Steve: I stand corrected... wasn't there either, was hoping for a better explanation of Zach's actions, but apparently it was the worst.... losing an Honest PROFES+SIONAL PCS Member. THX-MM

This ad is from the souvenir program of the 1963 National Funeral Directors & Morticians Ass'n. convention that was held in Columbus, OH.

The coaches are a 1960 S/C 3-way(?) and 1958 S/P combination. I can't tell what the ambuance is, nor the 1963 Cadillac to the right.

Callaham's is still in business:

http://www.callahamhicksfuneralhome.com/about-us/history

Attachments

• Callaham.jpg
    Callaham.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 985
Back