1976 Superior 54XL Restoration Log

A mix of careful planning and luck means that I have enough laminate to finish the squad bench and back door cabinet.

Because we have to be careful to match the grain of each piece of laminate it sometimes mean that some of the pieces are cut in ways that are not conductive to be super efficient in using every square inch of laminate.

17198417215888085272443458764368.jpg

A mix of careful planning and luck means that I have enough laminate to finish the squad bench and back door cabinet.

Because we have to be careful to match the grain of each piece of laminate it sometimes mean that some of the pieces are cut in ways that are not conductive to be super efficient in using every square inch of laminate.

View attachment 51020
The factory wasn't that particular when they built the car. You are making it 100% better than when it left the factory.

Looking fantastic Jean-Marc!

I have some period correct O2 regulators for those D tanks if you are interested.

Most of us hide that rattle in the bench.
The problem is that with the long spineboard in the bench there is not a lot of space for anything else. The inside usable space of the bench in the 54XL is only 2 1/2 inches.

I assume that the bench was designed this way in order to meet the new KKK standards so that there is x amount of aisleway space between the base of the stretcher and the bench or wall. This was the reason for the slanted squad benches that we saw in many Type IIs.

1722253191351.png

1722253211436.png

Back