How many Criterion's are left...

I'm still looking for information on a 1976 Criterion that was purchased new by Benson Ambulance Service in Dallas, GA. I worked on this unit many years ageo a loved it. Any information would be appreciated.

Adding I believe to be, one more. This one Danny just picked up in N.J. Rumors swirl that this Criterion may in fact have been the one used when taking pictures for the Criterion brochure. Hopefully we can get better pictures when Danny get it home. What is of particular interest is the spare tire door and tire cover. Supposedly only the brochure Criterion received this special door and tire cover.

Attachments

• IMG00043-20110507-1530[1].jpg
    IMG00043-20110507-1530[1].jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 559
  • $(KGrHqEOKogE1z5-hlzqBNu(,S6jnQ~~_14.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKogE1z5-hlzqBNu(,S6jnQ~~_14.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 419
Brochure Criterion

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but the car used in the M-M brochures from 1974-76 depicting the Criterion was actually the 1973 prototype. The images were carefully airbrushed to reflect the styling changes for the 3-year production run.

As for the tire cover and inner door cross, the tire cover was available as an optional, extra-cost feature on all Criterions. It is possible that the purchaser of a tire cover also got an inner-door cross.

Congratulations, Danny, for saving another one! Thank you for sending me the birth certificate information.

So I went to Ace Auto Salvage in Ottawa, IL this past weekend only to stumble upon a clean Criterion....THE INSIDE WAS LIKE NEW!!!!!!

From what I am being told (the owner wasnt there) they are asking like $1600for it and he wasnt sure if it ran or not...since he didnt have the keys.

He asked if I would pass the info on, so I am. Here is a picture of it:

Close, but not quite...

What we have here is a CITATION, not a Criterion.

Miller-Meteor introduced the Citation model to it's line of funeral and combination coaches in 1966. This was a "deluxe" model that featured a 3/4 roof treatement with extra chrome trim under the landau bows at the beltline and above the rear side doors (on end-loading cars.)

Further leading to potential confusion in identifying the car Donna posted here is the fact it is a 3-way. Miller-Meteor wasn't able to apply the standard 3/4 roof treatment to the 3-way models (due to the door-into-roof design), so they gave the Citation 3-ways a 1/2 top "Crown" styling just like the OLYMPIAN model!

The '71 3-way Donna posted here is identified as a Citation by the extra horizontal chrome trim under the landau bow at the beltline. My guess is , the seller took a quick glance at the nameplates and is mistaking CRITERION for CITATION.

That would be my error not the sellers, I glanced at it too fast.
Sorry everyone I guess the heat got to me.

I can delete the post if you want.

Don't take it as a negative

I suggest that the post remain here. I look at this as a positive. You mistakenly mis-identified the car, but it provided for some clarification. Part of the fun in preserving professional car history is weeding through the confusion that can easily abound with some of these model names. Let's not forget that Superior actually used the CRITERION name prior to Miller-Meteor, and sooner or later, you might run across a CENTURION nameplate!

I suggest that the post remain here. I look at this as a positive. You mistakenly mis-identified the car, but it provided for some clarification. Part of the fun in preserving professional car history is weeding through the confusion that can easily abound with some of these model names. Let's not forget that Superior actually used the CRITERION name prior to Miller-Meteor, and sooner or later, you might run across a CENTURION nameplate!

I agree!!!

1974 model...from PA?

I don't recall seeing this one here, at least not in the livery shown (light beige or tan). There is nothing written on the back, but for some reason I have it listed as a PA car.

(SL collection)

Attachments

• 1974 MM Criterion 001.jpg
    1974 MM Criterion 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 324
Back