Classy Cadillacs

I just purchased this '96 S&S Masterpiece yesterday afternoon at Great Country Motors in Mason City, IA. 78,000 mile coach. Jeff Hansen is a great guy to deal with!

Shot this photo yesterday on my way out of Mason City.

Attachments

• IMG_20141202_163101_779.jpg
    IMG_20141202_163101_779.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 767

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
I just purchased this '96 S&S Masterpiece yesterday afternoon at Great Country Motors in Mason City, IA. 78,000 mile coach. Jeff Hansen is a great guy to deal with!
Shot this photo yesterday on my way out of Mason City.

Is that the same gold that is on my 96?

Attachments

• IMG_20141202_163101_779.jpg
    IMG_20141202_163101_779.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 751
  • DSC03005.jpg
    DSC03005.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 745
I have no idea as to which gold they used when it was re-painted. This coach was originally Platinum in color with the black roof. I guess that the funeral home may know what they used or were attempting to match.

'72 and '73 Superior Cadillacs

Here are 2 Cadillacs going back into service after being repainted the new BC Ambulance colours in 1974.

These cars would have been from a private service so no telling what colours they might have been prior to the repaint.

Interesting to note that this paint pattern (white with a red diagonal stripe on the sides and vertical strip on the front and rear) has remained the same for 40 years now. The only change has been to replace the red cross with the provincial gov't coat of arms crest. The red cross was removed at the request of the Canadian Red Cross Society to avoid any copy write infringement.

Attachments

• 1972 Superior Cadillac.jpg
    1972 Superior Cadillac.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 597
  • 1973 Superior Cadillac.jpg
    1973 Superior Cadillac.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 588
They must have really been fast cars to have a racing stripe down the middle. They should have replaced the red cross with the car number inside of a circle. :D

1980 Fleetwood 75

My latest acquisition is this 1980 Cadillac Fleetwood 75. My parents bought this car new as their personal car. My parents have passed , so I inherited it. It has 108,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition, as it has always been garaged and regular maintenance. This car fits well in my stable.

Attachments

• 1980 Fleetwood 75 for Condon & Skelly 001.jpg
    1980 Fleetwood 75 for Condon & Skelly 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 526
Jackie Kirk Livery Johnstown PA>

Kurt, have owned many ex-Jackie Kirk Masterpieces out of West Central PA. Stayed at location and leased on as needed pay plan. It worked! Have FUN..LS

1963 Superior Cadillac. Tri-Town Ambulance

Another discovery from my cache of old pictures. Tri -town serves the north central part of Niagara County.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg  1963  Cadillac (Tri-Town).jpg
    Scan.jpg 1963 Cadillac (Tri-Town).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 790
1967 Superior Cadallac. Professional Ambulance Service

One of my favorite rigs. Picture taken at our station in the LaSalle section of Niagara Falls, NY. Picture credit for this neat shot goes to my good friend Bruce Osborne. Bruce was working in the Niagara region of Ontario as an EMCA,and also was licensed as a new york state EMT, hopping the border to help us out on his days off.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg Professional Ambulance 1967 Cadillac.jpg
    Scan.jpg Professional Ambulance 1967 Cadillac.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
Niagara Ambulance Service 1960 MM Caddy

This was published in the PCS magazine as a back cover shot.
L to R Tom Prince (RIP 1995) Joe Scalzo Jr, and Marty Guodotti. Pic taken in 1961. I took my first call in this rig.

Attachments

• Niagara Ambulance 1960 Cadallac Miller Meteor.jpg
    Niagara Ambulance 1960 Cadallac Miller Meteor.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 796
Another discovery from my cache of old pictures. Tri -town serves the north central part of Niagara County.

Denny,

Below is a article from 1968 in the Union-Sun ,when Tri-Town received a NEW Superior ambulance.

My next door neighbor( I was only 14) in Ransomville worked there as a very part time employee from 1967 until he was drafted in 1969....he then returned from Viet Nam and was re-hired as a medic with combat experience which was highly regarded back then...until he went to work for Niagara Ambulance (I believe)

8 LOCKPORT, N. Y., UNION-SUN AND JOURNAL, Friday, August 30, 1968

Ambulance Delivered
BY ESTHER HORNBURG

The Tri-Town Ambulance
service is becoming a reality.
It now can boast of a vehicle
for the service of communities
which has been badly needed in
the towns of Hartland. Royalton
and part of Lockport.
An ambulance has been purchased
from the Superior Coach
Company. It was delivered Wednesday
evening, as the final
c!ass for the Advanced First
Aid was being held in Gasport.
Great enthusiasm was shown
by the First Aiders who will be
the qualified volunteers to man
the ambulance. They will receive
further instruction in the
operation of the ambulance.
Membership dues of $5 have
been coming in steadily, but
there are still many persons in
the covered area who have not
signed or payed this fee. This
will be necessary for the use
of the service. A nominal fee
will be charged when the service
is used by a non - member.
Dues or any donations from
business or organizations may
be sent to:
Tri-Town Ambulance.
P. 0. Box 264,
Gasport, N.Y. 14067
Anyone wishing to inspect the
ambulance and make inquiries
about the service may do so
Sunday and Monday when the
vehicle will be on display in
Middleport for the Labor Day
celebrations. It will be near the
Middleport Chamber of Commerce
booth.

James, do you remember your neighbors name. If he worked for any of the ambulances in Niagara Falls i would probably remember him. very nice article!

Denny,
If I remember correctly,his first name was Tim or Tom and last name was Piazza, that I do remember because one of his uncles was a Physician at the small hospital in Ransomeville ( now a care facility ?)......who was our family Dr.
:)

Back