Classy Cadillacs

New photo I picked up. A '63 M-M Cadillac Paramount Ambulandau, with painted Saf-T-Vu lights.

Interesting that the stage at some show is surrounded by fire extinguishers. Were they that likely to catch fire?

Attachments

• 63MMCadParamountS.jpg
    63MMCadParamountS.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:
'54 Miller Cadillac, Eastport VFD, Annapolis, MD

(from Facebook)

(I particularly like the Studebaker starlight coupe parked between the ambulance and the engine.)

Attachments

• 54MillerCadEastportVFDMD.jpg
    54MillerCadEastportVFDMD.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,258
Now here is a great photo.

1959 M-M Cadillac Ambulandau, Earleigh Heights, MD, transporting an emergency patient in 1961.

Thomas Cunningham photo, from the "Anne Arundel County Current and Classic Fire Apparatus" Facebook page.

Attachments

• 59MMCadEarleighHeightsMD.jpg
    59MMCadEarleighHeightsMD.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,142
1970 Miller-Meteor Classic combination, restored as a straight ambulance. Few details and little things to do but pretty close to the end, as my FB friends followed.

Mine!

Attachments

• 20140529_093203.jpg
    20140529_093203.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 919
VERY VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!! You should be very proud Love the paint something about a red and white Ambulance that just looks RIGHT !!!

happy for ya buddy !

Mike

New photo from FB, a period photo of a '56 Miller Cadillac from Jarrettsville Vol. Fire Co., Harford Co., MD. Do not know what the colors were, their fire apparatus was red.

Love the Dodge dealer across the street, too. Same architectural styles....

Attachments

• 55MillerCadJarretsvilleVFCMD.jpg
    55MillerCadJarretsvilleVFCMD.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
It's got a certain glow to it. ;)

This '70 Miller-Meteor served the US Atomic Energy Commission at Los Alimos, NM. The photo is for sale on e-bay right now.

$_57.JPG

believe it or not they have some pretty serious snow in New Mexico. you notice they were duel pin strip. not the same as the front tires though

A friend of mine just sent me this very classy Cadillac, '62 Superior from Hillandale VFD in Maryland.

(photographer unknown, vintage photo)

Attachments

• 62SupCadHillandaleVFDMD.jpg
    62SupCadHillandaleVFDMD.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 689
Recently discovered that the famous 1975 Superior high top ambulance owned by Aubin funeral home of Chicoutimi, Quebec as actually a Criterion.

I was told by a retired paramedic they bought their ambulance at the same place J. Bouchard & Fils of Quebec city (a 1975 Superior) and they were identical .

Ok, the pic I receive is a print... of a print... of a scan... of an old scratched photo but I almost lost my mind, a late Criterion in the province, used in my rural home town... wow. I always tought back in 1976 everybody were buying from the growing Demers shop!

Picture is from december 1976. Note today's yellow provincial color

Attachments

• Aubin2.jpg
    Aubin2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 576
Recently discovered that the famous 1975 Superior high top ambulance owned by Aubin funeral home of Chicoutimi, Quebec as actually a Criterion.

I was told by a retired paramedic they bought their ambulance at the same place J. Bouchard & Fils of Quebec city (a 1975 Superior) and they were identical .

Ok, the pic I receive is a print... of a print... of a scan... of an old scratched photo but I almost lost my mind, a late Criterion in the province, used in my rural home town... wow. I always tought back in 1976 everybody were buying from the growing Demers shop!

Picture is from december 1976. Note today's yellow provincial color

ya you would think by 1976 Demers would be all over Quebec by then ? and very cool that it was in your own backyard

Back