Classy Cadillacs

I remember seeing Phillips-Robinson's ambulance fleet sometime in the 60's, maybe 65 or 66 and they all had a model 17 beacon ray on each corner and a Q in the center up towards the front. They were all red combinations but dressed out as ambulances. Their funeral coaches were silver and I don't remember if they had black tops or not.

1968 M-M Classic 48

Tony Karsnia and I were out this past Sunday shooting some photos. Here is the '68 in front of the ER entrance at the Maple Grove Hospital. Caused a bit of a fuss with their security personnel about HIPPA rules and making sure that no people were seen in the photo.

Attachments

• DSC_0256b.jpg
    DSC_0256b.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,157
That's a great photo.

I'm sorry you had a run-in with security. They need to be informed that they are violating your Constitutional rights. Yup, as part of Freedom of Speech, you have the right to take photos in a public place. The train buffs have pushed that successfully, that police can not ban people from taking photos in public places. You are in a public place when you are outside of the hospital, there is no expectation of patient privacy that is covered under HIPAA. If questioned again, ask them to provide, in writing, information on exactly what law you are violating - they won't be able to do it.

This is not to condone arguing with police/security under any circumstances. But you do have rights, and they can't just make up laws that simply don't exist.

Great photo. Oh, I said that already!

the world is full of self make control freaks now days. but the change in this car from the first time I saw it is vary nice.

Attachments

• 1968 MM low top 2.jpg
    1968 MM low top 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 904
Love it when pieces of a puzzle fall into place, most especially missing pieces! Just acquired photo of two of our FH cars from the 1960's. Prior to getting these photos I only knew of these cars existing. I didn't as much have a photo, newspaper clipping actually showing these cars. And anyone who has one of my club cards may recognize the cars in that graphic now, a graphic once used in our FH phone book ads during the 1960's and 1970's! This is a photo taken during delivery from Dixie Coach Company. Lebanon, Tenn. circa 1962.

1961 Miller-Meteor Futura 42" Cadillac ambulance.
1962 Miller-Meteor Futura Cadillac Duplex.

Nave's East Side Funeral Home, Lebanon, TN.

Jeremy D. Ledford. collection.

Attachments

• 61 62 M-M Futura Ambulance and Duplex coaches Naves East Side Funeral Home- Lebanon, Tenn.jpg
    61 62 M-M Futura Ambulance and Duplex coaches Naves East Side Funeral Home- Lebanon, Tenn.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,174
Mystery solved!

Miller-Meteor Classic 42

Miller-Meteor Classic 48

(factory photos)

Columbus Manor, IL - Check out the customized rear window decals. I've wondered for 40 years (when McPherson's "black book" was published) who the car in the factory photo was built for, but now I know. Kudos to Mike McDonald for sharing this image!

Attachments

• IL Columbus Manor FPD Oak Lawn Unit 142 1966 Cadillac Miller Meteor (CM 1966).jpg
    IL Columbus Manor FPD Oak Lawn Unit 142 1966 Cadillac Miller Meteor (CM 1966).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 963
M&M from the 1970s seen in many old Hawaii 5-0 episodes.

Can you tell what color that car is? Is it light blue or is that a grey color?

Also does anyone know if that Ambulance service "physicians" was actually a Hawaii based operation and where it was located? I know there were many ambulance companies int he day with similar names but the cars I'm tracking out of Kansas City were all similar paint schemes with a white over grey. Also "Physicians" AKA "Physicians Exchange" operated an all MM & C/B fleet of ambulances.

I wonder if this was one of their older units that was sold off and used in the TV production.

Back