Bowtie beauties - procars on Chevy chassis

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
Let's keep this thread about hearses and ambulances on passenger car chassis; I'll start threads for station wagons and carryalls later. Here we go:

McReynolds-Nave-Larson Funeral Home (Clarksville, TN)
1957 National/Chevrolet Minuteman
(originally from Paducah, KY area)

(SL photo)

1957 Memphis/Chevrolet Memphian

(factory photo)

Attachments

• 57 National.jpg
    57 National.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,887
  • 57 Memphis.jpg
    57 Memphis.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,817
The 48 Nationals (Alden Jewell Collection)
I love big scans:specool:
2d8pf0y.jpg

I have seen the McReynolds-Nave & Larson 57 National a couple times in person. I really like that car for some reason, its just a sharp looking car. And I don't even like Chevys.

Josh

1951 Chevrolet National Imperial Series Ambulance

Who's: Mine

Ya gotta see the beauty that it'll be. Have all the lights & siren and parts. Just got finished repairing the frame and puttingin an original trans. Next - complete exhaust pipe, tires and registration and then at least it'll be road worthy.P1000820.jpg

Joe it sure will be great to hear you've got your ambulance on the road, it's been a long time coming but worth the wait!

Here's my 1964 Chevy - Pinner service car. Going to pick it up in a few days, it'll be home this Saturday October 23rd. MUCH better photos to be posted in the coming weeks!

364060d_20.jpg

Dwayne, I had lust in my heart when I first saw that car. I love the bowties and that one stood out and is outstanding!! Glad you saved it. Look forward to the pics.

Here is from an old ebay listing (hope it is ok to post them)

1949 Chevy Barnett Hearse Limousine Style – Alvarado, TX (Ebay – 12/07)1.jpg

Last edited:

1941 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Meteor Funeral Service Car – Glendora , CA – (Ebay 4/10)1.jpg

eBay are OK with me, since there is almost 0 chance of a problem, and if there is one, then it can be deleted. It is mostly pictures taken from other sites where the problems arise from. It is like walking a tight rope.. :respect:

Paul, Thanks for the clarification. I have more ebay Chevy pro car pics, most in need of restoration. It has been hard, over the years, to find many restored Chevrolet Procars. When I can I'll post them.

National Chevrolets

Here are some pics of a fleet of '61 & '62 National Chevys operated by Metro Ambulance in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The black and white group photo from left to right is a '62, a '61, another '62, and a '61 wagon for first calls. The second '62 doesn't appear to have the roof elevation of the first two Nationals in the photo, but based on the window decal, it probably was also some sort of a National conversion.Metro National001.jpgMetro National002.jpgMetro National003.jpgMetro National004.jpg

Here are some pics of a fleet of '61 & '62 National Chevys operated by Metro Ambulance in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The black and white group photo from left to right is a '62, a '61, another '62, and a '61 wagon for first calls. The second '62 doesn't appear to have the roof elevation of the first two Nationals in the photo, but based on the window decal, it probably was also some sort of a National conversion.

THANK YOU for carrying a camera around and photographing these cars, and THANK YOU for sharing the pictures with us!

Back