72 S&S Three-Way door questions

Dan Comoss

PCS Member
Aaah, that makes sense. I have the front half of the lower upholstery panel peeled forward. I'll remove it all the way tomorrow and attempt to unlock it. Thanks once again!

As I was searching for access I pulled the outer door cover off. I found the original door hinges welded shut to make the extended door! Pretty cool!PXL_20210426_171204406.jpg

Dan Comoss

PCS Member
Its locked. There is still a lock on the striker plate. It can drop in a half way spot making the door inoperative. If you have the trim pad off reach in find the tab for the out side lock and move it. If the door doesn't open move it the other way.
I got the door working again. It was more of a hastle removing the upholstery panels. I had to remove the handle assembly, three bolts and two clips to get to the pin. Somehow the pin got slightly bent and wouldn't allow the handle to turn. I straighted the pin out then managed to shoot the spring off to parts unknown in the garage for about 20 minutes! While it was out I sprayed a little oil in the mechanism and added some grease to the pin. I also greased the locking pins too. It seems to move more precise and can feel each of the three handle positions clearly.PXL_20210427_210417745.jpg