your non procar

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
What is parked in your garage, barn, shed or whatever that is a collectible car or truck but is not a PCS vehicle? Do you also belong to other Marque clubs?
There has to be some of us with more than procars. I can't be the only one with an assortment of other cars. I still have the '69 Camaro convertible I bought new. Paul has seen a picture of my '55 Buick convertible. Then there is a '49 Cadillac sedan, '37 Buick Special sedan with dual side mounts , and then there is the assortment of air cooled VWs from the 60s thru the 70s.
Just for good measure there are several motorcycles in the garage too.
Mike

We have a '48 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe and a '63 Studebaker Cruiser 4-door sedan. Also an '87 Chevy Suburban - yes, it is old enough now to have "historic" tags - which is not a pro-car but was a non-transport EMS response vehicle.

Our PT Cruiser will be collectible some day.

I'm in the Studebaker, Packard, and DeSoto clubs. Lots of magazines.

1941 Plymouth 2Dr. Sedan, 1954 Ford F100, 1965 Plymouth Fury I (Ex Arizona Department of Public Safety) 1966 Seagrave Pumper (For Sale), 1973 Plymouth Fury I (Ex USAF Security Police), 1974 Ford/Marion Heavy Rescue, 1989 Dodge Diplomat (Ex Dousman WI PD).

I knew it

I knew some of us talked a 'language' other than procar.
Steve, you are right. The PT will some day be collectible. I read where the last one was suppose to have been built in August. Then I heard Chrysler reconsidered. Shelley has over 100k on her Inferno red '02 woody version. Great little car.
Mike

This is my only other old ride right now Mike, I don't think you've ever seen this one in person yet.... 1964 Mercury Monterey (for sale) maybe i'll drive it down your way this weekend if you're going to be at the Springfield swap meet...

3516015013_43f84a4797.jpg

I just took the first picture last Saturday. Everything was out of the barn while it was getting a new roof. Then Sunday I bought the red one in the garage.

1966 Cadillac Convertible, 1967 Sedan deVille, 1968 Sedan deVille, 1972 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Sedan, 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, 1990 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1996 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1999 Cadillac Deville, and 2006 Chrysler Town and Country

09-05-2009-a.jpg

09-07-2009-a.jpg

Other car

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pickup truck, all original, beautiful, and only driven by an old man in the SUMMER only........

1965 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III, 1989 FWD Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special Sedan. Previously have owned 57 Lincoln Premiere, 62 Continental 65 Continental among other cars

Only one other old non-professional collectible car for me. I'm down to just two cars now, but they should be almost all I'll ever need. Everything else I'll add to the collection will be ones I just want! :D

index.php

index.php

Adam Borkat

Only one other old non-professional collectible car for me. I'm down to just two cars now, but they should be almost all I'll ever need. Everything else I'll add to the collection will be ones I just want! :D

index.php

index.php

Adam Borkat

Is that a garage or a bedroom that happens to have two cars parked in it. Nice facilities.

Is that a garage or a bedroom that happens to have two cars parked in it. Nice facilities.

Well, I do spend more time in there than I do in the bedroom... :)

That was my summer project when I found out I was buying the Lotus. It was a standard garage like any other, and I wanted something to help me enjoy being in there more, so I put up wainscoting, epoxied the floor, painted everything, hung new fixtures, and put up all the automobilia I’ve collected over the years. If I could just figure out how to get a couch and mini-frig to fit, I really would never leave. I tell Jen all the time my dream home is a one bedroom, one bath house… that sits above a ten car garage! :D

Adam Borkat

I had to sell my 67 olds 88 conv so I could fund the repaires on the 73. so right now we are stuck with the 06 Ridgeline the 09 Buick and the 4 pro cars on with the tranny out and one torn down for repaint. the problem with having to many cars is something is broke on each of them.

Non Pro-Cars

For non pro-cars, I have a 1971 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1971 Delta 88 Custom Town Sedan (for sale), and a 2001 Cadillac Eldorado.

3005406288_2ceb7518a4.jpg

3008099362_b293589fa5.jpg

3007265595_29bf68a518.jpg

My grandmother had a Delta 88 just like that, same color blue, too. Her's had very few options, didn't even have an FM radio (AM only) or a vinyl roof. Oh, and her's always had a lot of little dents and rusty scratches, the result of driving and parking in New York City well into her 70's. She drove that thing to Florida and back every year until she was 80. When she gave it to me in 1995, it was pretty rough - I sold it for $300 as a "hooptie".

Other Vehicles

I will not count my daily drivers . The wagon is my OTHER car.I need to sell a few things to try and recapture my dart I sold.

1971 Delta 88

Tell us more about this one Brad.

For those who are interested, the blue 1971 Delta 88 is currently for sale on ebay (Item 270454411592). I've owned it since 1997. A great original car with only 69,000 miles. :thumbsup:

Back