Real Life Ambulance Scene Pictures

Car hit a parked truck in Pacoima district of LA dated 4/1/52, resulting in 1 fatality and 3 critically injured. Will continue searching archives for daytime shot of this handsome two-tone '50 Flxible Buick Premiere ambulance! CA license X77080. Although front plate portion is partially blocked, it does have stacked vertical letters which may read COM.

Glickman photographer. Image from Los Angeles Examiner Collection.

547869_10151416784793221_1856360028_n.jpg

Cropped/enlarged/enhanced:

405642_10151416784803221_1682792905_n.jpg

Snyder Ambulance out of Van Nuys. The vertically arranged letters on the license plate are BE, for Board of Equalization. As Mike McDonald explained earlier, this indicates a privately owned livery vehicle whose owner had to pay a tax based on mileage.

Of course they're smiling, look at the young girl in a sexy (for 1946) swimsuit on a cool day!

(Why is she in a swimsuit when the guys are all wearing coats, a sweater, and long-sleeves?)

Because the ambulance is from Manahattan Beach, and you wear a swimsuit when you go to the beach.... Possibly she is a member of the Polar Bare Club :D

In the next to the last color photo, the photographer points to a lady with a pink top. Do you know anything about this photo? I have a large publicity photo collection of the late Dusty Springfield. This lady looks like her. Especially the hair-do. If so, what an incredible shot. Thanks for posting it.

Niagara drag strip.

Thanks for the memories attila!!!!

Re pic in thread #210.Can you blow that up to see the name of the ambulance co?

#211 Niagara ambulance car#801.I rode in and drove that rig many times!
Note:i may be in many of these pictures,you just can't see me!
Jack's esso service from lockport,N.Y.-long gone!

Pic#3 Longtime friend of mine,Ray Falcone,driving the "torquer-T" A very Fast car at that time.Ray and his brother Duane had a thriving collision buisness in niagara falls. Duane ran a 55 chevy 2-dr 427 powered car.paint was metal flake silver. Car was aptly named "Quicksilver"

Pic#5 Niagara's 60 miller.C-6 whistle on top.Rode in and drove this rig,too!

Pic#6 Zakia and Clark (Angila?) Jim Zakia is alive and well.Runs a busy Auto repair shop in niagara falls,He is active with a classic drag racing group.

Note: later pic's of niagara's 63 superior show it with twin federal beacon's and a double-tone whistle. My first install of lights and siren on an ambulance.Not a bad job!!!

Pic# 7 Jim Oddy has a high performance racing shop in Lancaster,N.Y.

Post#233 Pic# 6 Man obscured by post is one of the first drivers i worked with at niagara,"Big Steve Toth" He went on to own a large gas station and towing service in the tonawanda's and north buffalo.Passed away many years ago.RIP "Big Steve" And no,i don't remember the girl in the pink top's name,but she was smokin hot!

Pic# 7 Niagara's 55 chev national.later distroyed in a t-bone collision in which the rig rolled over!(Note the old controll tower in the pic)

Later pics will show ford rigs which were our's from Professional Ambulance.
My company.We had the contract for the last couple of years that the strip was open!

I am friends with Dean and Pam Johnson to this day.Nice folks!

Later pics will show ford rigs which were our's from Professional Ambulance. My company. We had the contract for the last couple of years that the strip was open!

Denny, you may want to attend the annual reunion:

attachment.php

Might be an even larger walk down memory lane. I am told that Dean, the old drag strip owner, sells vintage pictures there! If you do go, mark me down for any (car based) ambulance copies. :thumbsup:

Have managed to find one shot of the previously mentioned early '50s rig used there.

59693_10151481441033221_1499510317_n.jpg

Barring my dropping dead before april 7th i will be there! How come it took a friend from texas for me to find out about this.Saw dean's wife pam as recently as a few months ago at a mutual friends house.Either they don't publicize these events enough or i need to get out of the house more!

I will grab any relivant pic's for you attila,and hopefully a few for myself.

The rig in the last picture does not look familiar to me at all!

r. s. bill jr. volunteer mercy corps, houston, texas.

my parents very best friends. still alive today but ransom is in a assisted living facility. kept that car till his son scrapped it in 2003. rusted to the ground and all ecq. gone. wow!!! he was on to tell the truth show for going down a well and rescuing a baby in the early 60's. were did you find this atti?

Post-war Cadillac hood badge means this Miller was nearly new when hit on 4/8/47. Accident took place @ 3rd Ave & Washington Ave in Minneapolis. Ambulance attendant Lloyd Hahn was driving and Dr. Richard Chambers was his passenger.

Image from Minneapolis Times and part of Minneapolis Photo Collection.

292264_10151511916873221_238214287_n.jpg

Unidentified minor was hit riding his bicycle in Minneapolis dated 7/2/47. His mother is in the ambulance. Have fun IDing ambulance off interior panel...

Image from Minneapolis Times and part of Minneapolis Photo Collection.

300292_10151511916878221_1522495927_n.jpg

Back