question

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
it took some doing but I final was able to gather a few lenses in glass for the 53. they are 4 5/8 so not a common size. they use a reflector and replaceable bulb with a trim rig holding it all together. what I discovered but accident was the older tractor lights were that size as were the Harley police bikes.

so the question I have is should them be a clear spot lens or the cut pattern lens. the pattern I have are fog lights so they would show flatter and lower rather then a spot.

they use a 32 watt bulb with a rather wide filimant

Attachments

• IMG_9751.jpg
    IMG_9751.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_9752.jpg
    IMG_9752.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_9753.jpg
    IMG_9753.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 367
White fluted lenses would probably look best. Remember, you are supposed to see the red lens, not have it project like a spotlight.

Attachments

• 1962 Spotlight Chevrolet Unity.jpg
    1962 Spotlight Chevrolet Unity.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 481
Ed, my 52 National has the original glass lenses and they are not scored. I will have to check, but I bet they are the same size for me. One of the lens has been cracked for the last 40 yr. It would be nice if a replacement could be found. I will measure and may contact you for more info on where you found yours, thanks in advance.

final got the siren back together. they are never fun then add another layer of plating and you understand. but when you get it it fits like a glove. it has a clear lens so I'm thinking we should stay that way with all three. now if anyone has a 6 volt alternating flasher I could use one.

Attachments

• IMG_9767.jpg
    IMG_9767.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_9769.jpg
    IMG_9769.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 364
Back