My new little friend .

What would be the correct anchors for this cot, looks like a pipe flange in the floor for an anchor? Prety sure that is wrong? Thanks View attachment 47733View attachment 47734
Dan,
I have surface-mount F-W leg cups and surface-mount F-W wheel cups, if you don't want to cut into the floor for the recessed cups. Personally, I would go with a cot bar. I don't see how they didn't beat the crap out of the upholstery on that right inner panel.

This car must have been built on a LeSabre station wagon. Those are definitely the LeSabre station wagon quarter panels, tail lights, etc. That said, it definitely does have the Electra series trimmings. The engine will not be a 455. The engine should tell us what they started out with. It will either be a 300 c.i. or a 401 c.i. engine. The Invicta series completely went away after 1963, so all 1964 Buick full-size wagons were in the LeSabre series. Strange that the wreaths are cock-eyed.
Kurt in the most recent TPC there were several Flxible service cars shown, and I just noticed the wreaths were tilted on all of them. That must have been a Flxible "thing".

The legs went in a set of cups the looked similar to the pipe flange or were embedded in the floor. I should have both sets. No wheel cups those were for the road flats. The waight of the body would hold it in place.

So not quite sure what going on with the rear floor area. Thinking that was the trunk area that was made into a floor Looks like it was cut out, not sure if tank is stock? Thay did make it easy to change the fuel lines at the sending unit.

20220419_164226.jpg20220419_164231.jpg20220419_164249.jpg20220419_171546.jpg20220419_171552.jpg

So, need a center link, you think that would be easy with a GM. Oh no you have to measure the taper on the center link where it goes thru the pitman arm. Two different linkages used and only slightly different WTF. Had to pop it out to confirm which it had, scored a nos one on Ebay.

Please Note: For 1961 - 1964 Buick Full Size PS, 1961 - 1962 Oldsmobile Full Size PS/MS and 1963 - 1964 Oldsmobile Full Size PS, state if steering linkage is Saginaw type or TRW type. In order to determine type, measure the pitman arm end center link stud at the end of the taper nearest the threads. Saginaw measures .587, TRW measures .556.​

Back