My new little friend .

It doesn't look like a 2 door front door, and the rear side door has the same configuration as my 1962 Chevrolet. Compare the pictures. The rear wheel well trim is identical, as well as the dog leg at the rear door.

1964 Buick Service Car.jpg1964 Buick Station Wagon.jpg

This car must have been built on a LeSabre station wagon. Those are definitely the LeSabre station wagon quarter panels, tail lights, etc. That said, it definitely does have the Electra series trimmings. The engine will not be a 455. The engine should tell us what they started out with. It will either be a 300 c.i. or a 401 c.i. engine. The Invicta series completely went away after 1963, so all 1964 Buick full-size wagons were in the LeSabre series. Strange that the wreaths are cock-eyed.

Ahhhh!! That explains the absence of a drip rail.
It appears that the Premier series was built on an Electra-trimmed LeSabre 2-door sedan, and the Flxette series was built on an Electra-trimmed LeSabre station wagon.
She's a very rare and gorgeous little coach!

A few quick pics have not gone thru it yet. Was able to secure the cot with it. Came with a parts book which is nice, Interesting it has no cowl tag only the Flxible tag. The vin on the title has only 4 digits, instead of using the vehicle vin they use the Flxible serial #. So this will be interesting to see when I change title to me what # they will use on the new title?20220326_123344_resized_1.jpg20220326_123441_resized_1.jpg20220326_123645_resized_1.jpg

A few quick pics have not gone thru it yet. Was able to secure the cot with it. Came with a parts book which is nice, Interesting it has no cowl tag only the Flxible tag. The vin on the title has only 4 digits, instead of using the vehicle vin they use the Flxible serial #. So this will be interesting to see when I change title to me what # they will use on the new title?View attachment 47714View attachment 47715View attachment 47716
Dan, The Flxible is too cool. Storage suggestion: The Buick would fit better under the carport if the Criterion was in MY garage.

Beautiful car, Dan! According to Thom McPherson's books, service cars were fairly rare even when they were still being produced. I wasn't aware that Flxible even made service cars but they obviously did. I'm so glad someone from the PCS was able to obtain and preserve this beautiful, rare car!

What would be the correct anchors for this cot, looks like a pipe flange in the floor for an anchor? Prety sure that is wrong? Thanks 20220327_151435.jpg20220327_151626.jpg

Dan, I quietly wondered that with your earlier pics. They obviously used the cot in the car. How was it kept stable? Knowledgeable folks here will provide a solution for moving forward.
I have to say again, what a great find to be preserved. Well done.

Back