Classy Cadillacs

1978 Cadillac Superior coach

Yes, this is one of the pair of cars that belonged to Dundee Fire Company. They sold it to Dexter Fire Company. I bought this car from them in 1990. I owned it for about A year, then sold it to Peter Graves. Very sorry that I sold this car.
I believe that Peter still owns this very rare car.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Scan.jpg  1978 Cadillac ex Dexter Volunteer Fire Company.jpg
    Scan.jpg 1978 Cadillac ex Dexter Volunteer Fire Company.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,112
Is this about the prettiest ambulance you've seen all week? (Mismatched tires notwithstanding.)

A '56 Miller Cadillac from Green Haven, MD.

Charles Urban photo, from Facebook.

Attachments

• 56MillerCadGreenHavenMD.jpg
    56MillerCadGreenHavenMD.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,064
the broken roof line of the none commercial glass years sure spoiles the lines on mid to late 50s cars. one wonders why none of them leveled off the roof and put the lights in a panel just above the windshield. you see a lot of stepped roofs in these years I know. but a beautiful car so nice to see on that is not red and white.

Niagara Ambulance Crew. Spring 1968

This was taken at the old Niagara drag strip. 63 & 64 Superiors in the Background. I am 5th from the left. Sadly, 3 guys in this picture have gone to that great ambulance office in the sky.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 783
Ransomville

Dernny,
Thank you for the photos of Ransomville Ambulance etc the last few days....:thumbsup:
By the way what was the name of the little hospital on Ransomville Rd ?It was a very small community hospital...I used to live at 3593 Ransomville Rd...
Thanks again !

Thanks James, The hospital was Ransomville General, Dr.Piazza and Dr. Selzer were the principal physicians. It was changed over to a nursing home sometime in the 1970's. As I go through old boxes, I'm finding a lot of stuff that I forgot about. As for you right clickers, have at it with my blessing. These old pictures are just too cool not to share.:)

1952 Miller Cadillac Presentation-Youngstown Fire Company

Found this shot in a box in the attic of my fire company. 35 Henny Olds in the background. The Henny was our first ambulance. The miller was it's replacement.

Attachments

• Scan0003.jpg
    Scan0003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 719
and people want to know how to stock there ambulance. your first shop shows it all. mainly will hands and a fast car.

Nice shot of one of Niagara's Lifeliners.

Here's a shot of this car from the summer of 1982:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=75268&postcount=585

attachment.php

It helps to have a body/paint man in the family

Niagara/frontier owner had a body and paint man in the family. Bob Gravanti painted most of these rigs. He used a lot of different paint schemes to make their rigs stand out.
He did a great job considering that all of their rigs were bought used, and usually needed a lot of work. Bob is our version of Ed Renstrom.:thumbsup:

1972 Superior Cadillac. Gold Cross Ambulance. Buffalo NY

Just one of many Gold Cross Cadillac ambulances. Gold Cross closed in the early 1990's. Sadly, John Martinez, the former owner, Passed away in April of this year.

Attachments

• Scan0026.jpg
    Scan0026.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 703
Yes, this is one of the pair of cars that belonged to Dundee Fire Company. They sold it to Dexter Fire Company. I bought this car from them in 1990. I owned it for about A year, then sold it to Peter Graves. Very sorry that I sold this car.
I believe that Peter still owns this very rare car.:thumbsup:

No offense intended, but why would this already funny looking little car have the twinsonic light bar almost all the way to the back of the car? It almost makes it look backheavy like the light bar may make it pop a wheelie. Not sure why anyone would want to place a lightbar so far back on such a little car.

Abe as odd as it looks ,probably ordered by someone who had been rear ended at the scene of a crash, and rather than get rear lights decided to let lightbar be visible at back,but yes looks odd.

if the 78 transporter is what you're talking about it looks to me to be centered right over the ditch lights or as I see it dead center in the raised roof. and they ain't no tinny car either. the tires are still spaced two horses rears wide and in excess of 150 inches apart. it with the light bar just might clear a 8 foot door but I would not bet on it. the big difference is the wall thickness if the body and the less overhang. they don't look like they would but the take up just as much room on the garage floor as the body it replaced. it was designed to look slim and trim but still have a big car. as a ambulance the look small but as a fleetwood 75 there just a big.

Back