Added To My Collection Today

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I picked this up today. The guy that I bought it from had owned it for 36 years. He had bought it from a local race track when they quit using it for races. As best I can tell, it has been in Nebraska all of its life. He initially had it stored indoors, but lost his indoor storage some years ago. It is 100% complete, right down to the stretchers and cabinet contents. That's a Model 175 "hill light" on top. All pieces that appear removed in the photos were taken off when they were going to re-paint it. That, obviously, didn't happen and those pieces are inside of the rig.'64 Poncho 1.jpg'64 Poncho 2.jpg'64 Poncho 3.jpg'64 Poncho 6.jpg'64 Poncho 7.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have 2 full sets of 8.50-14" with 2-1/4" WW and 1 full set of 9.00-14" with 2-1/4" WW that really needed to be used on something..... so I picked this up today. The guy that I bought it from had owned it for 36 years. He had bought it from a local race track when they quit using it for races. As best I can tell, it has been in Nebraska all of its life. He initially had it stored indoors, but lost his indoor storage some years ago. It is 100% complete, right down to the stretchers and cabinet contents. That's a Model 175 "hill light" on top. All pieces that appear removed in the photos were taken off when they were going to re-paint it. That, obviously, didn't happen and those pieces are inside of the rig.View attachment 45665View attachment 45666View attachment 45667View attachment 45668View attachment 45669
Beautiful save, Kurt! Does she run and drive? Probably not but you never know!

Well, I have 2 full sets of 8.50-14" with 2-1/4" WW and 1 full set of 9.00-14" with 2-1/4" WW that really needed to be used on something..... so I picked this up today. The guy that I bought it from had owned it for 36 years. He had bought it from a local race track when they quit using it for races. As best I can tell, it has been in Nebraska all of its life. He initially had it stored indoors, but lost his indoor storage some years ago. It is 100% complete, right down to the stretchers and cabinet contents. That's a Model 175 "hill light" on top. All pieces that appear removed in the photos were taken off when they were going to re-paint it. That, obviously, didn't happen and those pieces are inside of the rig.View attachment 45665View attachment 45666View attachment 45667View attachment 45668View attachment 45669
Good looking ride. Nice save!!!!

As best I can tell, it has been off the road since 1987.... if the license plates inside are an indicator. It supposedly served the Comstock, NE area when last in-service. After that, it went to the race track. There is also a reference to Boone County in the glove box, which is the Albion, NE area.

Congrats Kurt, I love the early 60's model Superior Pontiac hightops. My first pro-car was a '61 Superior Pontiac ht which I bought in 1977, and I did own a '64 like this one only white over red paint with a 175 beacon and a big ol' Fed. Q on the rf fender.
I would LOVE to own a '61 Superior Pontiac high top ambulance!! I will watch the movie "The Disorderly Orderly" any day over "Ghost Busters"! '61 and '65 are my 2 favorite years for Pontiac in the '60s.
I think this rig screams for a mechanical siren between those 2 speakers! What do you guys think?

Or a Mars 888 light. If you can't get a "Q" or B&M Superchief, at least hold out for a good sized Federal with a Solaray in the front.

That's a rare and impressive rig. Congratulations, Kurt!

Like a Federal C6BR with a red lens and a Solaray? I just happen to have a fully restored one.

Back