'63 Superior Pontiac Rescuer LWB Ambulance in Northern CA

Dan, I will restate my original point. That could be the last of the 63 high tops. No surprise with what one sees. ? mechanical"s, and rust issues. Everything else is possible, with the right hands, and the right wallet. The original rare parts look to be there. Well done for stepping up to save it. (y)
PS: I share Kurt's comment. If I had those hands and that wallet, white over blue.

It is clear from the pictures that Dan posted, that the blue was an after thought and that the car was originally all white.

As stated, anything is possible
57-60.jpg
may 14 5 (600 x 400).jpg
interior 006 (2736 x 2052).jpg
57-44 (2736 x 2052).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is located in Auburn MA. It was painted 10 years ago, and the shop went out of business before it was put back together. It was very solid, and one door had some rust at the bottom, and it was repaired. The 2 front doors need the glass installed, and the same with the rear door. Door panels will need new cardboard, but the vinyl is there. Car runs and stops. Needs rear bumper assembled and installed, along with the taillights. As far as I know, everything is with the car except for one side illuminated sign. Mechanically sound, new tires installed about 10 years ago. $15000 AS IS or a reasonable offer.

It is located in Auburn MA. It was painted 10 years ago, and the shop went out of business before it was put back together. It was very solid, and one door had some rust at the bottom, and it was repaired. The 2 front doors need the glass installed, and the same with the rear door. Door panels will need new cardboard, but the vinyl is there. Car runs and stops. Needs rear bumper assembled and installed, along with the taillights. As far as I know, everything is with the car except for one side illuminated sign. Mechanically sound, new tires installed about 10 years ago. $15000 AS IS or a reasonable offer.
Wow! I have never paid $15,000 for a "parts car"!

Make me an offer, and you might just be the next owner. When was the last time that you bought a parts car that you could put the key into the ignition and start it and drive it, without doing anything? At this point, if it doesn't sell, then I will go into the crusher, which is less than 4 miles away!

Dan, that is an interesting tunnel light set up in the pic above. Looks like a single sealed beam (?) which would be an unusual modification. Is that reflected in the car presently?

And Bill, yes I am fortunate enough to be the caretaker of the 57 Pontiac. Restored by Denis Moser in North Carolina, who does amazing work.

Dan, that is an interesting tunnel light set up in the pic above. Looks like a single sealed beam (?) which would be an unusual modification. Is that reflected in the car presently?

And Bill, yes I am fortunate enough to be the caretaker of the 57 Pontiac. Restored by Denis Moser in North Carolina, who does amazing work.
Yes this one as the same lights , that's why I thought might be the same one.

Tim,
That is not a modification to the roof lights. That was a Superior option that went as far back as '61(?), as I recall in reading the Superior book. You had the option of the bullets or the red sealed beams.

Dan,
No sign of the roof ever having been painted red though,
is there??

Tim,
That is not a modification to the roof lights. That was a Superior option that went as far back as '61(?), as I recall in reading the Superior book. You had the option of the bullets or the red sealed beams.

Dan,
No sign of the roof ever having been painted red though,
is there??
Have not checked on that.

Make me an offer, and you might just be the next owner. When was the last time that you bought a parts car that you could put the key into the ignition and start it and drive it, without doing anything? At this point, if it doesn't sell, then I will go into the crusher, which is less than 4 miles away!
Ouch!

Back