1963 MM Combination (ambulance modification))

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
1963 MM combination, that has externally been modified to be a straight ambulance. Entire history known, professional life entirely in two small funeral homes. Beautiful original interior. Mechanical/body all great. Zero rust. Air rear suspension. Drives beautifully.
Images are on my PCS web page. Happy to provide others.

Price $36,000 US. Not cheap, but no disappointments.
My contact email is tgprieur@outlook.com if any interest.

Attachments

• DSC_1841 (2) (600 x 400).jpg
    DSC_1841 (2) (600 x 400).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 752
  • DSC_1826 (600 x 400).jpg
    DSC_1826 (600 x 400).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC_1828 (600 x 400).jpg
    DSC_1828 (600 x 400).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 726
  • 63 mm 23 (600 x 450).jpg
    63 mm 23 (600 x 450).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
She's a stunningly beautiful ol' girl, Tim! I'd love to own her if I had that kind of extra money. She'll sure make some lucky person happy for sure! Why are you selling her?

Abe: I am simply trying to downsize a bit so the cars I keep get more road time.

Steve: It is fit with anchors for a rack. From the original documents I received with the car I suspect its primary purpose was ambulance duty.

Has all of the appearance of a low volume use car professionally that was cleaned up after every run.

Attachments

• 63-14 (600 x 450).jpg
    63-14 (600 x 450).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:
Tim... You forgot to mention the Guidematic, the automatic headlight dimming system. Do you know if it works? Do you have the casket rack with the car, or only the mounts in the floor? Are there any other Cadillac options on the car, such as a tilt or telescopic steering column? All these things add to the value.

You could not bring one up to this standard for this money. You figure you first have to find the car. Buy it for 3-5 then start on it.

Paul, thank for your thoughts. I honestly don't know if the high beam auto recognition system works (never been driven at night in my hands). As to other 63 Cadillac options:

- No radio. Has period correct Motrac hooked to power.
- Manual seat control and windows.
- No power door locks.
- Have to check on cruise control and if tilt wheel.
- No casket rack, just gurney (likely not period correct).

- All interior surfaces original with no significant defects.
- All warning lights and C-6 with Propello Ray work well.
- No significant mechanical issues, ready to drive and enjoy.

Easy way to test the Guidematic, is to turn the headlights on when it is dark, and then put it into the high beam configuration by depressing the dimmer switch. Then, shine a flashlight at the photo tube sensor, and the headlights should dim. Turn the light away from the photo tube, and the high beams should come back on. There is a sensitivity adjustment at the rear of the sensor, so you might need to adjust that.

Here are the specific instructions for a 1965 Buick, however, the operation is the same for all GM vehicles, even though some of the brand specific parts change due to dash board configurations.

Attachments

• 65_Buick_B-C-E_SM_Section_11D.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,015
Thanks Brendan. We need to see some post quarantine shots of your beautiful car getting out.

Very soon! I’ve been a little busy lately. I’m on vacation in a couple weeks. It was supposed to be for the PCS Meet. Now I’ll have to have a car show in the driveway alone!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. She is an absolute beauty, Tim. I'm a Superior guy, but to be honest I think I prefer 1960-1970 M-M ambulances over Superior, at least the low-tops. You can't beat the 57-59 Superior styling, but I've never been a fan of the the Superior '59 Caddy bullet tail-lights they sourced as "tunnels", and find there's nothing that beats the M-M Ful-Vues in appearance. Plus they really set off the M-M standard headroom ambulances and somehow make them seem longer, lower, and leaner/meaner. ESPECIALLY when flanked on all 4 corners of the car, like on yours! If I could afford it, I would love your car and would treasure her forever. The only thing I'd change would be to add a Federal Beacon Ray to the center of the roof, I wouldn't change a single other thing.

Your price is very reasonable I think, now I just need to go win the lottery! :thumbsup:

Abe, thanks for your comments. I grew up in a city where Superior cornered the market, and my favorites will always be early/mid 60's Pontiac's, because the local company could not afford Cadillac's.
What I appreciate from this car is the finish of the MM of the day. The stainless around the windows and such.
I agree a Federal beacon would be ideal. Will leave that to the next owner.

Bump

No significant interest in this old soul to this point. If you know anyone in the market, much appreciated if you could pass on the details.
I am not on Facebook, so it has not been on the PCS page.

Tim I'm not in the market *yet*, but once I get my daily driver paid off I will be! I would be so proud to be the owner of your beautiful M-M lowtop, she is exactly what I would pick if I could wish upon a star. She is sure a beauty. My first pro-car will likely be an early 70s high-top Superior Cadillac, but my second car will most likely be a low-top early 60s-early 70s M-M just like yours! Well, nearly identical but I would add a beacon ray with clear dome and clear/red rotators. :rolleyes:

If you don't have her sold in a year or so, check back with me!!! :thumbsup:

Back