Rocky has a new coach?????

You can see how bad the steering rag joint was. I bet she will feel better while driving now.

Attachments

• DSCN7420.jpg
    DSCN7420.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 384
  • DSCN7421.jpg
    DSCN7421.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN7536.jpg
    DSCN7536.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 378
the billy stuff works good. I get the seat out of this one we can compare floors. loos to me like your floor is a lot longer then the eureka.

Tonight was a good night. I pulled my mock block out for the last time. all the fab work is done on the motor end. Now its time to paint up frame and fire wall and the motor and get the trans mounted up and painted to install.

Attachments

• DSCN7723.jpg
    DSCN7723.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN7724.jpg
    DSCN7724.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN7725.jpg
    DSCN7725.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 270
I also painted up the rear end and put some paint on the rear springs. I ordered up some new shackles and spring pads so when they come in this week I can work on getting that back under the car. and get the disc brake set up back on the rear. I love when stuff starts to go on for the last time.

Attachments

• DSCN7629.jpg
    DSCN7629.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN7631.jpg
    DSCN7631.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 264
That modification sure was a lot of work but looks great and will look like it is stock to the average guy once you paint it.

You have 6 more months until MN ! Get it together bro !

We wanna see it on the road and in MN this summer !!!

Darren

:thumbsup:

That modification sure was a lot of work but looks great and will look like it is stock to the average guy once you paint it.

You have 6 more months until MN ! Get it together bro !

We wanna see it on the road and in MN this summer !!!

Darren

:thumbsup:

Im trying all I can to get this girl to be driving to MN, a lot of things to do and a ways to go to have it ready. But im sure going to give it one heck of a try!!

Just figured I would post up a pic of the rear back under the car. Love the fact of putting stuff back on the car and also gaining more shop space. Im not having to walk around this stuff on the floor.

It is all new springs, bushings, shackels, spring pads, and front bolt. So happy that I was able to source all that stuff.

Attachments

• DSCN7751.jpg
    DSCN7751.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN7752.jpg
    DSCN7752.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN7790.jpg
    DSCN7790.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN7791.jpg
    DSCN7791.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN7792.jpg
    DSCN7792.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 115
The places that sell leaf springs, do they have some way of testing to see if the springs are still good and do what they are suppose to? My springs are OG, but being they are almost 70 years old I'm wondering if they are still safe? Thanks

The places that sell leaf springs, do they have some way of testing to see if the springs are still good and do what they are suppose to? My springs are OG, but being they are almost 70 years old I'm wondering if they are still safe? Thanks

If they are not severely corroded, sagging or broken they should be just as safe as they were when new. My 49 is still running the original springs and I put at least a few thousand interstate and town miles on it every year with no worries. keep in mind my coach has not seen salt (if it has it was not much because the undercarriage and springs look like very close to how it did in 1949).

herb, I agree with john, if they are not cracked or sagging you will be just fine. My leafs were all broken up bad they needed to be replaced.

My springs have a outer metal that covers both sides and you can't see the separate leafs. I have no way of knowing if they are rusted or not. The ends where the bolts go thru look to be in good condition, so I guess the rest is ok also. Thanks.

all you got to do is hose them off. if what looks like fresh rust creeps out of the wrap there rusty. but normally the wrapped ones were covered in grease. the wrap was to keep the grease in. the grease was to lube and keep the springs quit. air up the tires and measure from the bottom of the wheel opening on either side. Mauser dead center of the axle if it with in a 1/4 inch they are good. stand back and look from the side. if the tail is not dragging there not bad. of course the car should be empty at this time. one leaf broken and it will throw the car way off. but them one bad up front will read off in the rear also

its been awhile since I have given a update to the progress on the 58. Well I have the front half of the frame all painted, and also painted the fire wall.

Attachments

• DSCN7813.jpg
    DSCN7813.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN7815.jpg
    DSCN7815.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN7814.jpg
    DSCN7814.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN7820.jpg
    DSCN7820.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN7821.jpg
    DSCN7821.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 146
I also ended fixing my radiator I had made. The water outlet ended up being where my alternator was. So we moved the neck to the center to where it needs to be and capped of the old one for a plug or sensor.

Then I got the fire wall plates all cut and modified and had them and the brake pedal assembly powder coated. So it was wonderful to bolt stuff up for I hope the last time. woohoo

Attachments

• DSCN7817.jpg
    DSCN7817.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN7818.jpg
    DSCN7818.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN7819.jpg
    DSCN7819.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN7895.jpg
    DSCN7895.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN7896.jpg
    DSCN7896.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 148
Man Rocky, this is gonna be one rockin' '58!! This has been a real treat to see how you've modernized yet preserved this beautiful car. Can't wait to see it in person someday.

Back