Windshields

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Tried to order some windshields thru Pilkington Classic. Was told that division is no longer in existence, I was referred to a dealer in AZ, and he had a few in stock. But he is wholesale only, and will only sell to a business, so he referred me to a local dealer in So Cal that he has dealt with. I purchased a few thru him. Could not get any info from Pilkington, if they were still going to be making them and only sell to wholesalers or not. The gentleman that I dealt with local is going to see if he can get an answer on availability from some of his other suppliers. The 3 I asked about were DW-688 (1965-70) DW-788 (1971 -76) and DW-570 (1959-64 cc & 1959-65 limos). Hoping that they will still be made by someone. The price thru the local dealer was pretty good.

Tried to order some windshields thru Pilkington Classic. Was told that division is no longer in existence, I was referred to a dealer in AZ, and he had a few in stock. But he is wholesale only, and will only sell to a business, so he referred me to a local dealer in So Cal that he has dealt with. I purchased a few thru him. Could not get any info from Pilkington, if they were still going to be making them and only sell to wholesalers or not. The gentleman that I dealt with local is going to see if he can get an answer on availability from some of his other suppliers. The 3 I asked about were DW-688 (1965-70) DW-788 (1971 -76) and DW-570 (1959-64 cc & 1959-65 limos). Hoping that they will still be made by someone. The price thru the local dealer was pretty good.
Thanks for the information! My ambulance came with a spare from Pilkington - still in the monstrous shipping crate. I had to recycle said crate last week as my wife didn’t consider it a nice enough furnishing for the foyer. 89BBA05C-7E99-4B8E-97A0-DCC5FD69E4C3.jpeg

Sure hope that you put the windshield someplace secure, because they break very easily when not installed in the car. That was a $50 shipping carton!

"Thanks for the information! My ambulance came with a spare from Pilkington - still in the monstrous shipping crate. I had to recycle said crate last week as my wife didn’t consider it a nice enough furnishing for the foyer."

I've learned the best solution to the wife/crate problem is to paint the crate. Saving leftover paint when the room is painted will generally work, but if you don't have matching paint go with something a couple shades off and then when the confrontation becomes annoying practice your woodgraining technique. After all dear, you wouldn't want me practicing on the wall till I get it right.

My best effort so far worked for 4½ years.

Back