Wanted: 454 engine

We need a 454 engine for a 99 suburban 2500 4X4 we bought for dealership today, any help appreciated and looking for new or used in running condition. Got a price for long block from car quest for $2500. This thing is neat with only 73k and lifted about a foot. GUess intake gasket went being water where oil should be and locked down now.

Its a Chevrolet, what do you expect.:puking: Cracked head, every valve raddels, oil leaks every time. :071: Seariously though, good luck finding a motor, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Josh

Oil drips are to leave fond memories of the past cars that have occupied that spot. They are intended to be left there for future owners to know that the garage held many fond memories of cars gone by.....:specool:

You would have loved the Mercury...

I own Corvairs... I think that they leak more oil than the Mercury... Hands down!!!!!!! The 1963 Chrysler used to spill its transmission oil if you left it sit for more than a week without starting it. I resealed the transmission, and no more leaks. In the old cars, the transmission oil would slowly drain back to the pan and overfill it. If the rubber seals were old, the overflow would wind up on the floor, and you have to refill the transmission before you could drive it again. That was a real PIA. I had a huge piece of cardboard under the car to soak up the oil until I got to fixing it.

I got a new caddy that resembles that. only this one is power steering fluid. took it back apart and cleaned off the fitting hope we got it this time. but no big block chevys around here

Funny. You know, Henry Ford was the one that started Cadillac. Just thought I'd throe that out there.

Josh

Better to just throw out that incorrect thought... Here is the truth.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_M._Leland

This might be where you got this misconception...

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/ford.htm

1901 Henry Ford Company organized with Ford as engineer. Ford resigns over dispute with bankers 1902 Henry Ford Company becomes the Cadillac Motor Car Co.

Ok, i stand corrected, I was wrong. Thanks for the links, very interesting articles. What would we do without you Paul.:respect:

Josh

Back