Vintage Ambulance Chronicles - New YouTube channel

After I acquired my 74’ I took it to some car shows and I was amazed at the number of people that came up to me to learn more about the car. I mean I could have sold tickets considering the line of people wanting to know all about it. I heard from many asking if I had a YouTube channel, which I didn’t, although that got me thinking…..maybe I should give it a try and see what happens.

Interestingly enough, I did video many parts of my restoration process even before I took it to the car shows. I thought it would be an excellent part of this car’s historical package for any potential future owner.

I kept asking myself if I did create a YouTube channel, how could it be beyond the normal “here’s my car and here is what I had done to it” channel. There’s plenty of those out there. I also knew I had to promote these professional cars and try to get more people interested in them. What if I started a channel of my story and then had others submit theirs? A novel idea and all it would take would for me to make the first move. …..and that’s what I did.

I created a channel on YouTube called the Vintage Ambulance Chronicles which I published the first episode today. It’s not professional looking and it seems more like a PowerPoint presentation. Fortunately, the future episodes I have queued up are all videos and will be more educational and entertaining.

I really think this is a great way to get people interested in our cars and really promote the PCS. If you look at the research on how people get their information, YouTube ranks at the top, so why not take advantage of it.

Take a peek at the channel and I would appreciate your comments on how to make it better. What I would really like is to hear from you and submit your own videos. Tell the viewers about the car, how you acquired it, what restoration you did and if you worked in EMS, let’s hear some stories. You can send your video files to dmcgowan@edgeleading.com. I can edit if necessary.

For the funeral coach owners, how about a YouTube for your cars?

Here’s the link to view the Vintage Ambulance Chronicles:

Please like and subscribe as this will really help promote the page and add more viewers.

Congratulations Dave, you did a good job on the video and you have a good idea about promoting these rare and beautiful cars. I take my hat off to you, I look forward to seeing more. Perhaps if and when I buy another ambulance, I will send you a video too. Keep up the good work!

Dave, I enjoyed your video and subscribed to your youtube channel. I look forward to seeing more about you and your career. Seems like we have taken similar paths in EMS, I too started at a private services and then eventually ran a hospital owned system as well. Today, I am the vice president of a company that remanufactures and remounts ambulances.

After I acquired my 74’ I took it to some car shows and I was amazed at the number of people that came up to me to learn more about the car. I mean I could have sold tickets considering the line of people wanting to know all about it. I heard from many asking if I had a YouTube channel, which I didn’t, although that got me thinking…..maybe I should give it a try and see what happens.

Interestingly enough, I did video many parts of my restoration process even before I took it to the car shows. I thought it would be an excellent part of this car’s historical package for any potential future owner.

I kept asking myself if I did create a YouTube channel, how could it be beyond the normal “here’s my car and here is what I had done to it” channel. There’s plenty of those out there. I also knew I had to promote these professional cars and try to get more people interested in them. What if I started a channel of my story and then had others submit theirs? A novel idea and all it would take would for me to make the first move. …..and that’s what I did.

I created a channel on YouTube called the Vintage Ambulance Chronicles which I published the first episode today. It’s not professional looking and it seems more like a PowerPoint presentation. Fortunately, the future episodes I have queued up are all videos and will be more educational and entertaining.

I really think this is a great way to get people interested in our cars and really promote the PCS. If you look at the research on how people get their information, YouTube ranks at the top, so why not take advantage of it.

Take a peek at the channel and I would appreciate your comments on how to make it better. What I would really like is to hear from you and submit your own videos. Tell the viewers about the car, how you acquired it, what restoration you did and if you worked in EMS, let’s hear some stories. You can send your video files to dmcgowan@edgeleading.com. I can edit if necessary.

For the funeral coach owners, how about a YouTube for your cars?

Here’s the link to view the Vintage Ambulance Chronicles:

Please like and subscribe as this will really help promote the page and add more viewers.
This was great narration of a great story. Thanks for sharing!

Back