TPC 187 Arrived Today!

Still waiting for mine. I know this is Canada, but still seems like an unreasonable amount of time unless it's being held up at the border. Any other Canadians still waiting for theirs?

Still waiting for mine. I know this is Canada, but still seems like an unreasonable amount of time unless it's being held up at the border. Any other Canadians still waiting for theirs?
I remember some Canadians saying that there's arrived a few weeks ago. I know that Canada is a very large country, and that what happens with mail in one Province, might not be the same in another Province. If you don't get it within the next week, I will arrange to have a replacement sent to you.

Paul, looking at the return address labels, the original is from Lafayette, NJ, but the one on the plastic sleeve is Niagara Falls, ON. I'm assuming that the Canadian ones are mailed in bulk to the ON P.O. address, then redistributed from there. That would account for the delay. With that being said, I've only ever had one issue that didn't eventually make it up here, and that was replaced when it was brought to your attention.

The magazine uses the address of the Membership Director in New Jersey, however, the magazine is printed in Missouri and all the US bound issues are mailed from Missouri. The magazine issues that are going to other countries are sent by UPS to Chicago Illinois to a company there that sends magazines all over the world. I believe that they package our magazines with others, and then those magazines are delivered to Ontario Canada for distribution to the Provinces. How they are handled by the Canadian postal system I have no knowledge. I have heard of criticism of the Canadian Postal System by others, but I rarely mail to Canada, and if I do, it is a first class letter, and they always seem to get to the address without delay.

I received mine (#187) here in SC in either late October or early November, I don't recall the exact date but I think it was after election day , 11/3. I was immediately attracted by the black over yellow C/B 54" ambulance pictured in a small square on the 8x11" sheet inside the plastic mailing bag with my address on one side and the "Welcome to the PCS" message on the other but there was no further info on this unusual ambulance. Perhaps someone on the magazine staff knows more about it?

Back