Tire for the Lifeliner

I think I would like to put tires on the Lifeliner like the ones that were on it when I got it. Best pictures I have. Any idea what they might be?IMG_2255.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2254.jpg

Your tires are 15" and the one above is a 16" tire. It will fit on the rim, but it will not hold air because it is too large!

What about a 17 inch with a 2 1/2 inch white wall? Man I wish I kept information on the old tires. I need new ones anyways since these are over 15 years old.

The only way you can get the correct tire it to buy the 890x15 from coker / universal. Then send them to Diamond back to have the duel stripe put on. There is a placeon Origon that that the extended load 235 abd they will put you in and WW you want. I have a set sitting in the garage that need put on the 72. But like all the rest of the 235s there a 29 in tire when correct it a 31 tall x 6 wide

In addition to the Coker tire that Dan Scully mentioned, they also offer a 820R15 American Classic Radial with a 1" whitewall. It is described as a "bias look radial" with a "pie crust" shoulder and vintage style tread pattern and appears to sit higher than a regular radial. They were $321 each the last time I looked, as I was considering ordering a set for my '63 Cadillac. The load rating is 1920@35PSDI vs. 2028 on the tire that Dan posted.

The other option is the 265x15 with a one inch stripe they are a 31 in tall tire with the right !oad rating. But the trick is to be able to get them under your skirts. As depending on the brand they can be up to 12 wide. Standard tire on the jeep products.

how excited are in a set. I picked up this last year. I tell you what kind of shape I was in I looked at them I could tell the one stipe was wider than I wanted but I never realized the stripes were reversed. but baby needs new shoes, and these are 235 extended loads in my garage.IMG_8846.JPGIMG_8847.JPG

Back