The C. Louis Abelove Car Collection - A Vintage Car Restorers Dream Come True!!

Mr. Abelove was a fellow Packard Collector.Customer and friend for many years. Many of the cars have been in the warehouse for over 40 years. He had many GOOD cars I don't know if they were sold first or are yet to surface. There are some very rare cars and some plain junk. The auctioneer is not doing Louie or the estate a great service by the manner in which it is being done. That said perhaps this is the way the heirs want it who knows. When was the last time you saw a 1942 Henney Flower car in any shape? The final results will be interesting.

There sure are a lot of cars here! Of note is that most of them are reported as not working, no keys.

22% buyer's premium??? Also, the cars are going to be pulled out of the building, around 10 per day, based on the selling order. Buyer will be notified as to which days they will be available for pick up. I guess there is one lot of 3 Studebakers that won't even be coming out of the building at the same time.

THE KEYS Many seem to be worried not a big issue any competent Locksmith can do Packrds with one hand tied behind him. On the 55&56 cars the key number is stamped on the ignition lock. GM cars pre 1975 key number is on the door locks. Fordhad them stamped on the door locks too but I for get when they stopped. Kurt you should have come up with a Curtis key machine books and blanks in your travels. I still have mine that I bought in 1967 when I bought 20 65 Ford cops cars that the city lost the keys to. No fleet keying then.

I have the codebooks but I am not certain if I have all the correct carriages and cams to cut the keys. I usually only cut the old GM keys by code.

From the looks of things most of these cars can only be used for parts, and having no keys will probably be a non-issue in most cases.

Most will never see the road again except as parts to keep another car on the road. Even then, I don't see much that is useable on most of the cars. I'll bet that when the auction is over, the auctioneers are going to take the largest chunk of the money because they get paid for moving them around out of the proceeds. The buyer's fees are going to be extremely low because they are based on the selling price, which in this case, I don't see any high-dollar cars in the lots.

I know this is short notice, but is anyone on the message boards going to the preview, either tomorrow or Friday? I can't take off of work on such short notice and would be forever grateful to anyone who could give me some feedback on a couple of the cars up for auction.

Quite a few are not that bad just dirty and surface rusty. If you look at many of the 56 Packatds the front fenders are OK at the visor a rust magnet. Others will meet with the shredder and return as Toyotas, Refrigerators and washing machines.
I know this is short notice, but is anyone on the message boards going to the preview, either tomorrow or Friday? I can't take off of work on such short notice and would be forever grateful to anyone who could give me some feedback on a couple of the cars up for auction.
For what I think the stuff is going to bring you can bid them blind and not get hurt. Biggest problem will be the pickup give me a call when you have a chance secret word is Stude truck

Mr. Abelove was a fellow Packard Collector.Customer and friend for many years. Many of the cars have been in the warehouse for over 40 years. He had many GOOD cars I don't know if they were sold first or are yet to surface. There are some very rare cars and some plain junk. The auctioneer is not doing Louie or the estate a great service by the manner in which it is being done. That said perhaps this is the way the heirs want it who knows. When was the last time you saw a 1942 Henney Flower car in any shape? The final results will be interesting.
Pete,
I was just told that the better cars are in another building and will surface sometime in the future.

Louie had MANY better cars Ezio Pinzas 56 Caribbean Convertible that he restored from a salvage yard disaster that broke apart as the were loading it on a trailer. He restored it to beautiful. As they used to say in the Golden Days of Radio "Don't touch that dial stay tuned more to follow" or the fat lady is yet to sing.

Looks like the majority of these cars sold at parts car pricing and some having sold for less than scrap price on them.

Not mine!

62B5416A-5204-4C23-8209-103BEB00E57D.jpeg
Not mine,,,

Back