Some interesting South African hearses

I'm at a loss of words... (not really):p

large_Hearse1030Web.jpg

Cary, you being bored and surfing the web might not be the most productive thing in your mind, but it is always good reading for the rest of us. No offence, but I hope that you get bored more often! :D

:thumbsup: The "green" hearse is neat and I can see it gaining in popularity. There are a lot of people looking to go as green as they can and why not go out green also?

:thumbsup: The Jones Funerals cars are all very nice. The 57 Ford flower car is probably my favorite. Did any of the notable coach makers build Ranchero flower cars other than Pickway? Just curious. It might be interesting to contact them and find out all I can about their flower car to help my dad with the restoration of his.

And a few more....
The first being a 67 Superior Flower Car that someone got a hold of. NOT owned by House of Oversteet In Dalton Ga anymore..

The second being a 53 Meteor for sale in ND. For sale as of Oct 29th. $3,000

The 57 Ford flower car is probably my favorite. Did any of the notable coach makers build Ranchero flower cars other than Pickway? Just curious. It might be interesting to contact them and find out all I can about their flower car to help my dad with the restoration of his.

Charles, did you end up with Milton Hill's (and then Danny Ryder's) old Pickway? I remember that car from when I started working for Milton back around 1995. Other than foreign conversions, the Pickway is the only coachbuilt Ranchero I've seen before.

Charles, did you end up with Milton Hill's (and then Danny Ryder's) old Pickway? I remember that car from when I started working for Milton back around 1995. Other than foreign conversions, the Pickway is the only coachbuilt Ranchero I've seen before.
Adam, I did not, but my father did end up with it. It is the next project on the list after he finishes the 59 Superior Pontiac that is in the garage now. You can check out some information on it here at this thread.

Back