Side Trim Moulding Clips

Thank you so much Ed for this tutorial. I will be going to go see the car this weekend to see what access I have to the back of the clips. That will answer the question about rivet / pin vs bolted in.

Jean-Marc, did you come up with any answers for clips for the XL? My 75 is missing a couple, and it would be nice to replace them, ideally without taking the door apart.
Thanks.

Jean-Marc, did you come up with any answers for clips for the XL? My 75 is missing a couple, and it would be nice to replace them, ideally without taking the door apart.
Thanks.
I believe so. I will order them from Restorations Specialties and will report back when I receive them.

I believe so. I will order them from Restorations Specialties and will report back when I receive them.
I have gotten them there before. They were out by the next car. But believe they are sell the audi clip by the piece. If you order them by the box you get a lot more for your moneh.

Problem Resolved!!

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback. I finally purchased the Auveco 13189 Audi clips from a Canadian Supplier from Winnipeg called Ken Catton Enterprises Ltd. 70 clips including shipping for $53CAD which ends up being a fraction of the cost of what Restorations Specialties was going to charge me at $1.40 USD plus shipping.

I secured 2 clips to a piece of sheet metal to test fit them, perfect fit.

Belt Line Trim Clips 01.jpg

Attachments

• Belt Line Trim Clips 02.jpg
    Belt Line Trim Clips 02.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Belt Line Trim Clips 03.jpg
    Belt Line Trim Clips 03.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Belt Line Trim Clips 04.jpg
    Belt Line Trim Clips 04.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Belt Line Trim Clips 05.jpg