Show Time

Jeff Hookway

PCS Life Member Elected Director
I started a list of items to prep the 1966 Superior Cadillac Ambulance for the 2023 show in Morgantown.

One at a time -

The four rear "Bullet" lights are constantly on, steady burn, no flashing at all. Front four operate as expected, flash independently.

Question - Do I have one or two flasher cans I should be looking for and general area of where? Under hood or dash?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Here are the two flashing relays that are in the 67 that Martin now has. One was for the Quad and side roof lights and the other relay was for the door ajar if I remember well.

1681060453183.png

both of those would be mechanical flashers. now not saying Jeff's car doesn't have one of them in it. most of the superiors I have see were passengers side of the fire wall. my guess would be that there are a couple wires off of it that are the rear lights. a easy test if you find a loose wire by the flasher is a jumper wire from the positive post of the battery to the wire. if things start to smoke unhook, if not walk around to see if anything lit up. the problem with superior is everything is wired with one color. white

Jeff, I believe Terry is right about the dash switch. I installed an electronic flasher under the hood, next to the Superior flasher, to wig-wag the red lights under the front bumper. Also, the bulbs in the "bullet" lights are red LED"s.

Back