Pertronix Install

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Never had anything with it. So thought I would try a set. Easy install, no more points. I see lots of complaints, but they all seem to be fixed if you just read the installation instructions first.

20230426_162657.jpg20230426_162713.jpg20230426_162647.jpg

I had had problems with my 1939 Plymouth P6 Coupe six cyl. burning up points and hard starting for years. Then about five years ago I installed Pertronix kit and haven't had a problem since.

I have only seen 2 fail. Both were hook up wrong. I did I on my jeep and some one else did one on the 70 cb. I but them in everything. But being the king of guy I am. The points condenser and wire go in a baggie in the glove box.

I+ had had problems with my 1939 Plymouth P6 Coupe six cyl. burning up points and hard starting for years. Then about five years ago I installed Pertronix kit and haven't had a problem since.
Most times if the points are failing, it is because of poor quality points. I had the same problem with my 1963 Chrysler, with points that I purchased at NAPA, but were made in China. The rubbing block was too soft, and within 1000 miles the points had closed up to the point where the engine wouldn't start. I found a set of NOS Mopar points that were made in the 1960s, and that solved the problem. The present owner of the car has experienced the same issue with the points that he purchased at an auto parts store. Now, whenever I need a critical part that quality is the most important aspect of the part, I search for NOS OEM parts or a good quality replacement part that was made when most of the cars of my vintage were still on the road. I have also learned that the material that is presently being used on replacement brake shoes for our cars doesn't work as well as the brake shoes that were made back in the 1960s.

Back