New lettering

This afternoon we applied new lettering to the '68 Dodge/National. The original lettering for "Bow Island" was actually affixed by magnet. ABC Ambulance served Windsor, Ontario during the 50's and 60's. I will let my dad fill in the blanks regarding ABC Ambulance and other details regarding it's significance.

6905492334_7150c62620_b.jpg

Kyle, the signage looks real nice, thanks for showing it to us. But, I have to say that you guys are driving me a bit nuts, because I had considered buying this ambulance last year. A gentleman named Tim, who knew the car, tried to encourage me to buy it. But, I was concerned about many things like the condition of the car and difficulty bringing it to the States. Now that I see how good it looks, I wish I had pulled the trigger. But, I also know that it is in a loving home and as I said before, when it comes to cars, I love em and leave em.

The ABC Ambulance crew always told me those intials stood for "Always Be Careful". Nut I think the real isea was to be first in the phone book listings.

I used to spend a fair bit of time out at ABC when I was the police beat reported for The Star. - Walt

Bow Island

This afternoon we applied new lettering to the '68 Dodge/National. The original lettering for "Bow Island" was actually affixed by magnet. ABC Ambulance served Windsor, Ontario during the 50's and 60's. I will let my dad fill in the blanks regarding ABC Ambulance and other details regarding it's significance.

6905492334_7150c62620_b.jpg

I actually have Relativesin Bow Island

Russ

Just for old time laughs!!

At one time the service in St.Thomas was called Golden Acres Ambulance to Irritate their boss my boss would refer to them as Golden Knockers,knowing both owners I am sure Len would concur.:rofl:

Ambulance before cruiser

For anyone who has completed law enforcement training, he/she knows that ABC means ambulance before cruiser. One rookie passed an ambulance on the right to beat it to the call...but there was a truck towing a sailboat which had stopped in the right lane...the keel of said sailboat just about split the windshield and roof of the cruiser down the middle. The End.

Kevin Lynch
CANDIDATE FOR NOTHING

Kyle, the signage looks real nice, thanks for showing it to us. But, I have to say that you guys are driving me a bit nuts, because I had considered buying this ambulance last year. A gentleman named Tim, who knew the car, tried to encourage me to buy it. But, I was concerned about many things like the condition of the car and difficulty bringing it to the States. Now that I see how good it looks, I wish I had pulled the trigger. But, I also know that it is in a loving home and as I said before, when it comes to cars, I love em and leave em.

Bill, the way you hold on to cars, if you bought this last year, Dean could b buying it now from you!

Bill, the way you hold on to cars, if you bought this last year, Dean could b buying it now from you!

Rick, you are probably correct. There is one thing though, I get a thrill out of owning them, even if only for a little while. It is like I always tell my wife, I chase lots of cars, but only one woman.

Walt & Len,

PLease jump in and help me out with the ABC history cause you guys are a lot older than me. And Walt, knowing what went on at Meldrum & Tecumseh, why were you really there?

Back