Looking to replace these railings

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Anyone know what these railings are called and where I can purchase the posts and tubing? Thanks


  • Feb 08 #5.JPG
    Feb 08 #5.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 17
Hi Jim...while I haven't started looking yet, I'll be adding these to my Pontiac as a finishing touch.

They go by various names...tipping rails, shelf rails and fiddler rails. Probably other names depending on location and use.

I quickly Googled them and there quite a few suppliers out there. The challenge will be finding the good match for your needs.

Good luck!
Hi Tim...I'm thinking a specialty hardware/restoration store perhaps. Perhaps Lee Valley Tools? I haven't done much research beyond a quick Google search.

Have you contacted Kurt Arends? He has done a fair amount of vehicle salvage and might have what you are looking for.
One could try the bathroom fixtures section or kitchen suply. All they are is a towel rack. You may luck out and find the tubing there but i haven't seen the stands. Since Gambles went out of busnesses.
I found a few places where they sell tipping rails.

This is a UK company.

I believe this is a US company.

Another US company.

Maybe marine supply houses might have something maybe? I have a bout 15-20 of these but only ends, no middle or angled though. Thinking maybe flower car on these maybe but could have been a cabinet rail mount too for something.


  • IMG_7723.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7721.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7722.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7724.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 2
If you have some in poor condition I suggest you send them to Speed & Sport Chrome in Houston, Texas and Craig will make them new again. His specialty is small parts. I have used for gas pump and coke machine parts and most recently for railings on a flower car.