Looking for Red/White Spot Light (2)

Joe Eggemeier

PCS Member
Hello folks. I recently purchased a 1963 M&M Caddy from Tim Prieur. The spot lights that are on the vehicle are 2 sided -1 red lens light, the other side is a mirror. I am looking for a similar type of light (a pair) but instead of the mirror, it has a white light. The control for on/off/on would be on the handle inside the coach. I'd like to get these changed out so it looks like the ambulance that I ran on back in the 70'. And, I hate the mirrors on those because someone is always hitting them or moving them and I have to readjust them all the time (no offense Tim). I will add mirrors on the door. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, it was great meeting the people who attended the Perrysville show. My first meet I hope of many.63 Caddy Spot Light1.jpg

The switch to change from red flashing to clear spotlight, is mounted on the outer ring of the spotlight head. The handle switch sends power to the head, and you determine where that power is going to on the switch on the head.

I will chime in. When Ted Duncan added the lights back in 2006 he removed (?) the clear spots, and replaced them with a mirror. As Joe says, when you line up the mirrors for use, the red lights do not face forward well, and visa versa. I wonder if there is any way to rewire these, and simply add stand alone outside mirrors?

All he needs in the red light section of the spotlight. Remove the mirror and install the red light parts. I know that I have one, but it is in poor condition, and will need repair. That double sided spotlight has been out of production for 15 or more years. There are no parts available from Unity either. I have been robbing parts from this one to fix others. As you can see, the spring steel bulb holders have rusted away. MVC-021L.JPG

Thank you Paul and Tim. Since these lights are a rare commodity, I will probably just let them alone and add a pair of mirrors on the doors, near the cozy wing. Thank you gentlemen for your comments.

You can get the springs from unity. They come in a bag of 4 for a dollar a spring. Just put the spots back in and get a pare of factory mirrors.

These springs that are riveted in place are not available, the last time that I asked. The regular bulbs that are held in place with springs that mount into the outer ring of the bezel are available, but they won't work as replacements.

I have been hoarding these red-flashing/clear spot lights for years and I have many. Oddly enough, I have found most of them in antique shops/flea markets.

Back