Looking for License Plate Bulb cover

Joe Eggemeier

PCS Member
Hello. I just purchased Tim Preiur's 63 MM Caddy, took delivery of it a couple of weeks ago. It is missing a clear bulb cover, about the size of a quarter, that snaps into the light fixture above the license plate. Anyone know where I could find one of these? Any assistance you can render would be most appreciated.

That's not it Paul. '63 was a unique year in that the license plate mounted in the back door on the pro cars.
Kurt, you are correct. Paul, the item you show (website) is not the right item. On my Caddy, the license plate is recessed in the rear door. The lights are recessed at the top of the license plate mount, bulbs being covered by a round flat insert about the size of a quarter. I will try and get pic later today. Thank you tho, for your response.

I know where there will be one, but it will be a couple of weeks before I get back down there. Let me know if you need anything else off of a '63 M-M ambulance.

Check the parts storein the Grotan book. They are a after market type lens. The bubble oe or truck step bumper may be all that is around.

This as close as could find , might be a
Check the parts storein the Grotan book. They are a after market type lens. The bubble oe or truck step bumper may be all that is around.
Thank you Mr. Renstrom. I ordered 2 of the snap in incandescent light (one on the left)
good substitute?View attachment 45870View attachment 45871

Thank you Mr. Scully. I ordered 2 of the snap in incandescent light.

Mr. Arends, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would go ahead and acquire that lens (or 2) for me. I would prefer the original equipment. I bought the 2 lights anticipating that the lens would not be available. I will reimburse any cost to you. I can always return the lights or keep them for future use. Thank you.

Mr. Arends, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would go ahead and acquire that lens (or 2) for me. I would prefer the original equipment. I bought the 2 lights anticipating that the lens would not be available. I will reimburse any cost to you. I can always return the lights or keep them for future use. Thank you.
Will do!

I am going to be back down there on Wednesday of this week. Assuming that they are still on it, I will bring them along to the meet.

Back