Looking for a window

The curved tempered glass will not be easy to find. You may need to cut a piece of plexiglass to fill the hole till one can be located. But you will be looking for used as new will not be out there.

That is a standard piece of glass that a regular glass company should be able to get for you. If you can't get a new one, then I suggest that you start looking at salvage yards to see if they might have that model car in their inventory. While your car is a Buick, it is the same glass that was used in the Chevrolet Caprice Classic Station Wagon. The only problem that I can see is that there are 2 different versions of that vehicle. One has the rear vent glass and the other doesn't. Just make sure that you tell them that you need the glass that have the rear vent window. Possibly one of our members that frequent "pick a part" yards might be able to find one for you.

UPDATE: I just saw the picture of the piece of glass that you are needing. From your description the rear glass would be the one that I mentioned above, however, your picture shows a door glass. This will be a lot easier to find. Go to a glass shop and bring your car and have them look up the NAGS (National Auto Glass) part number, and if it is not available, ask them what other cars also used that glass. Many times a piece of glass was used for many years on different models within the General Motors brands. Once you have the NAGS part number and a list of other cars that also used that glass, your search will be a lot easer to locate the illusive glass. You will also need to advise whether it is a clear glass or a tinted glass. If it is tinted, it should be marked as such in the lower corner of the glass as "soft ray" or some other name that GM was using at the time.

Last edited:
So far from what I have researched, this window is curved tempered glass that nobody seems to have. I have called Superior which is the company that customized the car and they put me in touch with innovations which is the glass/window company. They said they had 13 pieces and cannot find any in their warehouse. I have called safelite glass, went to a place that does windows here in Vegas, went to the Buick dealership and with no luck I am still looking and want to pull my hair out cause my husband decided to buy this hearse without doing any research knowing the rear passenger window was broken.

Attachments

• IMG_7217.png
    IMG_7217.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 25
Let us start with the fact that this is a standard door glass, and has nothing to do with the conversion. His buying the car not knowing that the glass was broken is no different than having it been damaged after he made the purchase. That is like saying that if I had known that the marriage would have ended with divorce I wouldn't have married him. When life hands you a lemon learn to squeeze it and make lemonade instead of putting on a sour face.

I guess I'm confused about this, the Buick hearse I was aware of uses the Buick front clip on the same body as the Cadillac hearse. So I'll stay out of what fits and suggest that you cut a piece of plexiglass to shape and fit it in to fill the hole until a glass can be found. At least then you can use the car and keep it safe till one can be found.

I have a 94 Buick Roadmaster superior wagon. I am looking for a rear passenger window. Anyone know where I can find one?

On the driver's side front door, there should be a GM label showing exactly what the car started as. I don't know where it is, so you must search for it.

Last edited:
This is the thing that is always in the back of my head. A nice car sidelined for a minor part. They did so much of this one or two years stuff on these cars.

Infinite Innovations is where you will need to get the glass from. I'll post a link below. I'm going to assume Superior directed you to them. It's definitely not standard Buick glass. I think Superior and S&S would most likely be the same. Not 100 percent positive though. Below is a link.

Back