Looking for (2) switches or knobs, for spot lights to change from red to clear on outside under spot

Looking for (2) switches or knobs, for spot lights to change from red to clear on outside under spot

Welcome to the group... I am wondering exactly what you are looking for. There is a lot more than just the switch, to convert what you have to what you want. Post some pictures, and I might be better able to assist you. I was just doing a mental inventory of my many used and nos Unity spotlights, because I am looking for a particular item that I know that I have, just don't know where it is.

Welcome to the group... I am wondering exactly what you are looking for. There is a lot more than just the switch, to convert what you have to what you want. Post some pictures, and I might be better able to assist you. I was just doing a mental inventory of my many used and nos Unity spotlights, because I am looking for a particular item that I know that I have, just don't know where it is.
He's asking about the black switch under the spotlight on a Unity 10300:s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what he is looking for, however, I don't know if he needs just the knob, the knob and switch, or the housing with the hole that the switch goes into.

Probably find them here

It isn't a slide switch, it is a double pole single throw switch, that switches on the white light. It has been so long ago that I used one of those lights, I don't remember if the red continues to flash when it goes to red, but something in the back of my mind, tells me that the red flashing goes off when it goes to spotlight. On the inside of the light is a flasher that is wired into the circuit. The power is supplied to both the red flashing unit and the spotlight from the switch that is at the back of the handle.

All that i have messed with. We had them on the 89 collens when i was on the service were a rotating pointer knob. With a set scew. One way was red flashing the other was spot. As they aren't water proof keeping them going on the red side was a chore.

I MIGHT have 1 head left with that setup, but till I find it I can't say with certainty what the switch is. That configuration would have lasted 15 minutes in a NY Winter.

Back