Long Lost 1978 Superior Found....

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
It hasn't seen the light of day in almost 15 years, since leaving the paint shop when the shop closed down suddenly. As it was being taken apart, I took all the parts home and as they were reassembling it, I was bringing parts back to them. Then suddenly, one afternoon, I got the call that they were closing the following day. I had no choice but to get the car and parts and put it under cover till I got around to putting it back together. That day never came, and I was unsuccessful in finding any one that wanted to buy the car as is. All that changed yesterday, when I pulled it out of storage, and gave it a bath. Today, I installed a new battery, and it started up with a small drink of gasoline. After the 3rd time of starting and stalling, it stayed running. It did expel a few acorns out the exhaust, and it runs, moves, and stops on its own.
There are a few piece that I know are missing, one is the rear bumper, and the clear plastic lenses for the fiber optics on the tops of the front fenders.MVC-001L.JPGMVC-002L.JPGMVC-003L.JPG

Looks great Paul. Thanks for sharing. Could you share some interior shots ? Also, would it take a standard 78 bumper?

Looks great Paul. Thanks for sharing. Could you share some interior shots ? Also, would it take a standard 78 bumper?

Once the interior is put back together, I will get some pictures. The car will hopefully be back together by spring time.

This 1978 Cadillac is for sale. It needs to be completed, and that means that the front door glass and the rear loading door glass and moldings needs to be installed, the interior door panels need new cardboard backing installed, the rear bumper parts need to be assembled. Some wires under the dash will need to be rejoined, since they were cut to get the right hand door mirror adjustment cable out of the dash. Some of the roof lighting has been reinstalled, and one of the roof signs is presently missing. I hope to find the missing roof sign, but no promises. This car need to go to someone with the mechanical ability to finish it. Car has about 30,000 miles and starts, stops, and is mechanically sound. I am open to offer. I have lost the storage, and it needs to be under cover and completed. Contact me by clicking on my name and start a "conversation". Please give me your telephone number and I will call you.

Back