Leece Neville Alternators

Paul Steinberg

Administrator
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
There are 2 different "Ambulance Alterbators" pictured in that auction for one alternator. I have posted the pictures from the auction of the back of both of them. Notice that one has screws at the top, and the other doesn't. If you study the 2 pictures, you will also see other differences. There is no description of the item that you are buying, so I have no way to know if it is for one or two units, since the pictures are misleading. I have asked the seller this question, and am awaiting his answer.
Considering that if you were to need parts to repair that alternator, which is a very common occurrence, that you will have to do a lot of searching for those parts, since it is obsolete. Even the diodes for a 1960's or 1970s GM/Delco alternator are extremely difficult to find. I would advise anyone that is interested in purchasing this, that they should consider it a "core" that will need rebuilding, unless the seller were to guarantee it as a working unit.

Attachments

• ALT 1.jpg
    ALT 1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 131
  • ALT 2.jpg
    ALT 2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 115

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
there used to be an independant rebuilder in Pearl River NY that did a fabulous job rebuilding these but he is no longer in business. There is an independant rebuilder in Kent WA (The Rebuilder) that does these.

Paul Steinberg

Administrator
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
UPDATE....

Seller says that there are 2 alternators in this sale. I did the shipping calculator to my zip code of 01550, and the shipping from California to Ma was pennies under $100.

Kurt Arends

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Yes, all of his references to the alterbators in the listing is plural. Seller's feedback rating is 100%.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2021
Super Site Supporter
They will do you do good with out the proper regualetor. They used a solid state one. My 72 CB high top had one.