Kennedy hearse at Barrett-Jackson 2012

BIG disappointment

I'll bet Randy Koeppel (Desert AutoSport) won't be in good spirits for the next few days, weeks or months. I gotta believe he paid more than $160K when he bought the Kennedy hearse from Arrdeen Vaughan a couple of years ago.

By the way, should we be surprised if Tammy Allen ends up buying this coach from the winning bidder???

Did anyone else notice that the place went dead silent as the coach was rolled out onto the block...it sucked all the energy out of the room .... and no one really went up to it?......seems a lot of people are still "freaked" out about these cars ?

BJ just wanted the "dam thing" off the stage ASAP !!!

it would fit in her collection but bringing it up to snuff may be more they she would want. I was rather surprised to find out it was built in Henderson Nevada at the Ethel M's factory there. they have been doing M&M's there since there start. but I for one am not sorry to burst the BJ car authority myth. Carnival Barkers turning a fast buck and way they can is all they are.
did they really claim they had the original general Lee. that show went thew 3 cars a episode. there are almost more original general lees out there then chrysler built. some even the right year

seems to me BJ dosen't do a lot of research on the cars they sell...they reley on the owners to tell them what the car is. if they numbers match....thats all they care about!

its a rich man's ( or lady's) game
no wonder Jay Leno never sells his cars on there.....he's a true car guy....just just out to make a buck or see how many stupid pens he can get !

I think people like us at the PCS are the true Car Collectors....yes maybe a few at BJ are....but for the most part, its a show for them

never see any of those cars at a cruise night do ya ??

its kind of sad really

The question now is.......while it appears the car "sold".....did it really?..
Gonna be interesting where it "surfaces" next.

Rocky Mountain High Colorado

Apparently, the coach has found a new home in Colorado. Somewhat ironic I guess.;)

The Arizona Republic - Jan. 22, 2012 09:15 PM

Valley car auctions lure big bucks
Collector cars fetch $176 million, breaking slump

by Peter Corbett

<snip>

One of the wild-card cars at Barrett-Jackson, a 1964 Cadillac hearse linked to President Kennedy, sold for $176,000. It carried the president's body after the 1963 assassination in Dallas.

Stephen Tebo, 67, a commercial real estate investor in Boulder, Colo., bought the hearse.

"I have a car collection that I want to turn into a museum," Tebo said.

<snip>

Can amyone ID the coach in front of the RR hearse. Almost looks to have Buick tail lights but not quite the same.

That's a Toronto-built Eureka-Oldsmobile. Most likely, a Carlton Landau. Note the small rectangular Olds rocket emblem on the center of the rear door. The taillamps were from a Cutlass Ciera with amber turnsignal lenses incorporated into the assembly.

Well, now we know what the "JFK value" of a professional car really is, about $140K. Someone is going to be very disappointed that it didn't get a million bucks, or even a quarter million. The new owner is probably going to try to sell the hearse to Tammy Allen. Maybe he will?

I do have to say that, what comes out of this, is that the PCS is really the acknowledged "expert" club on the topic of professional cars. We've seen that a lot of folks do look at what we post (keep that in mind, folks) and are interested to know if we know whether a professional car is authentic or not.

Paul mentioned that he got a call from the Arizona newspaper and passed that to Robert. I also handled some news media inquiries at President Duffy's request, including Consumer Reports (not sure why) and the LA Times, and I, too, promoted the PCS. The news media knows, from last year and now this year, that we do know what we are talking about and that we are the ones to ask.

So after all of the stuff with the ambulance last year and the hearse this year, it's the PCS that comes out ahead in terms of our credibility (since B-J has very little). That is a very good thing for our club.
:applause::applause::applause:

Steve is right.

We are the winners in this whole thing. Thanks to all who worked to make that happen.

Back