It's Home

And...........She's gone!

She came in and got dunged out. Today she left for a prolonged visit to the mechanic where he will spend time going from one bumper to the other fixing everything in between. That exhaust was driving me crazy and it sure was chilly with no heat in there.:rofl:

She came in and got dunged out. Today she left for a prolonged visit to the mechanic where he will spend time going from one bumper to the other fixing everything in between. That exhaust was driving me crazy and it sure was chilly with no heat in there.:rofl:

I wish I was your mechanic Ron, it's a full time job and the inventory keeps changing so there's always something to fix! :thumb:

Congrats on getting her home Ron, and getting her to the mechanic. Looks nice, and always a plus when you find things in these cars. I found old splints, bandages, and a folding stretcher in mine.

Nice, nice car

What a great find...congratulations!

I remember when these short-wheelbase combinations were thick all over this part of the country. While a few were a firm's main coach, the majority were yeoman vehicles that were used as an occasional extra hearse and (usually) backup ambulance.

What a great find...congratulations!

I remember when these short-wheelbase combinations were thick all over this part of the country. While a few were a firm's main coach, the majority were yeoman vehicles that were used as an occasional extra hearse and (usually) backup ambulance.

I can echo what Steve has said. From the mid-60s through the late-70s, the cars of choice in West Texas were the Olds Sevilles and Pontiac Consorts.

Our volunteer ambulance service in Lubbock (which ran from 1969 to 1991) utilized a number of Sevilles and Consorts, along with two short Buicks: a '61 Flxette and a '67 short National Buick. I'd still like to have some of those cars.

To that end, I still have two Sevilles: a '68 and '69. Both were Texas orginals that eventually ended up in Florida, and are now back in Texas.

I love that blue '70 Seville, Ron!:specool:

I can echo what Steve has said. From the mid-60s through the late-70s, the cars of choice in West Texas were the Olds Sevilles and Pontiac Consorts.

Our volunteer ambulance service in Lubbock (which ran from 1969 to 1991) utilized a number of Sevilles and Consorts, along with two short Buicks: a '61 Flxette and a '67 short National Buick. I'd still like to have some of those cars.

To that end, I still have two Sevilles: a '68 and '69. Both were Texas orginals that eventually ended up in Florida, and are now back in Texas.

I love that blue '70 Seville, Ron!:specool:

Skip - Glad to hear from you, and I hope you will once again become active on our message boards. We've missed your thoughtful and informed comments for too long.

Thanks, Robert. Good to hear from you as well. Since I don't have a computer at home and have to rely on using this public computer, I don't get online as often as I used to. Since this board's address had changed, I had totally lost contact until recently. Good to be back on. Will your job bring you to Texas again anytime soon?

Thanks, Robert. Good to hear from you as well. Since I don't have a computer at home and have to rely on using this public computer, I don't get online as often as I used to. Since this board's address had changed, I had totally lost contact until recently. Good to be back on. Will your job bring you to Texas again anytime soon?

I'll be in Austin for a conference April 25 through 28, and that's a long way from Midland.

Back