Is your car in the registry?

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
We are compiling a list of all the PCS member cars that have attained the "Senior Car" award. If your car has attained the Senior Car award, please post your car's information below. Year, make, model designation, ambulance/hearse/Limo/ etc., chassis manufacturer, and the last 5 digits of the VIN and the year (approximate or exact) that it became a Senior Car. If you like, you can also post a picture of the car to this thread.
Thanks

It is part of our judging system. A car that reaches a certain amount of points is considered a 1st place winner, and if its score exceeds a certain point value, then it is still a 1st place winner but is also recognized as a Senior Car. I don't have the judging point system at my fingertips presently, so I can't give you the exact point requirement for each level.

Found the answer to the question...

Between 200 and 185 judging points are First Place cars, 184-165 points are Second Place, and 164-145 are Third Place (basically 15 points per class). First-place cars advance into a Senior category where 10 points or fewer are deducted. A transfer of ownership removes the car’s Senior status.

Paul, how can we check if a car achieved this with a previous custodian?
In addition, and I know this would be common to many car organizations, can a car that does not attend a national meet ever reach this status?

Paul, how can we check if a car achieved this with a previous custodian?
In addition, and I know this would be common to many car organizations, can a car that does not attend a national meet ever reach this status?
You would have to ask the previous owner. Unfortunately, I don't know if any records exist for the past years, and that is why I asked the question. In the past, his award has only been given at the International Meet. It was started about 10 years ago, and then for a reason that I am not aware of, it was discontinued for a number of years. It was brought back last year at the 45th international meet in Sturbridge. Originally, a car had to become a 1st place winner, and then it became a Senior car after winning its second first-place award in the following year.

Paul, I've had two first place wins; therefore my car should be considered a senior car?

Not necessarily. It depends on the point score. First place is easier to achieve than First Place Senior car. Your car would have had to have been declared a Senior Car at the awards ceremony by the Chief Judge.

We are compiling a list of all the PCS member cars that have attained the "Senior Car" award. If your car has attained the Senior Car award, please post your car's information below. Year, make, model designation, ambulance/hearse/Limo/ etc., chassis manufacturer, and the last 5 digits of the VIN and the year (approximate or exact) that it became a Senior Car. If you like, you can also post a picture of the car to this thread.
Thanks
You may want to consider the following steps:

Contact the PCS (Professional Car Society) and request information on their members who have attained the Senior Car award.

Reach out to PCS members through social media, forums, or other online communities to ask for their car's information, including the year, make, model designation, ambulance/hearse/Limo/ etc., chassis manufacturer, and the last 5 digits of the VIN, and the year (approximate or exact) that it became a Senior Car.

Check the PCS Senior Car Registry to see if any information is available.

Consider creating a Google Form or similar tool to collect information from PCS members in a standardized format. This can make it easier to compile the list and ensure that all necessary information is included.

Once you have collected the information, compile it into a spreadsheet or other format that is easy to read and share with others.

I have no idea when it was awarded a Senior Car badge by the Professional Car Society because I have never seen that award badge before. After Tony Karsnia was elected President after my first term I was told that he had discontinued the Senior Award classification. I know that when he was in office I never had a request for any Senior Car badges. Last year we gave out quite a few Senior Car badges since the two-first-place award requirement was waived for that International Meet.

From Special Souvenir issues #1 and #2
2011 - 1939 S&S LaSalle Carved Hearse - John & Patti McCulloch
2012 - 1972 Chevrolet Suburban Ambulance - Bill Wright

Back