hunting season starts November 1st

They sure are. But this time they are cleaning up. Jack was with me that's what they are keeping a eye on. The does are worse on the dogs then the bucks. But still not worth taking a chance on.

I've seen the fake deer with moving heads here in SC. They are usually watched by a game officer. I'd make sure the thing moved more than its head.

There watching the dog. Trust me they are real. They were over two houses up with a few does when i came in this evening.

They know that they are safe in the city. Its tough just to chase the damned things out of your yard. They just stand there and look at you. It's a whole lot easier to "dispose of" the other vermin!

We have similar guys and girls here at our new flood free location. We also had a mother Fox with her cubs on the lawn. I have a window next to where the computer is a not uncommon to turn to look out the window and have a deer staring at me. The best was last summer when I let my female german shepherd out and I look and here she is nose to nose with a good sized Fawn with mom watching in the background. Mom made some snorting noises and that broke the spell. The fawn headed for mom and my girl came back to my side with a " did you see that" look,

You probably won't be seeing them for a while, PossumPolice been nailing up Hunting Season Starts signs in the woods last week.
I love watching them stand behind the hunter in a tree and watch him.

Liquid Fence pretty much solves the gardening problems, other than rose buds.

"Liquid Fence" doesn't work worth a crap. A product called "Plantskydd" works very well and can be found on-line, but is expensive. My air rifle gets them out of the yard quickly!

Sandy saves the apple peals and cores for them when she makes apple sauce or an apple pie. See them often in the backyard munching on the green grass.

Not a lot will slow down a mule deer. Fence is about the only thing. Then if given enough time they can get around that.

This pair were behind the shop lat weekend. The fence is were they have a garden. This summer he caught one with it nose threw the fence and just reaching it's tong around a tomato plant by the tip tryng o snake it close enough to get a bite. They are tenacious if they like something.IMG_20211031_170728.jpgIMG_20211031_170709.jpg

Back