Hood insulation

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
Last year I ordered two hood insulation pads from Rubber The Right Way. They were made by REPOPS Automotive Reproductions.
The pads came with the clips and the holes already cut. When I went to install one this week, it did not correspond to the hood in any way. It was too large!
See in the photo how it covered the entire engine. It should have fit within the recess of the hood that is shaped like the pad should be.
R T R W consulted with REPOPS and REPOPS said it wasn't made for a commercial chases. ???? The catalogue said it was for 69-70 Caddies except El Dorado. Isn't the hood on a professional car the same hood on Fleetwood, Calais, Deville? Anyway, it certainly wouldn't be any smaller.
R T R W told me they'd credit me for the purchase (even though it was a year ago) and I could keep the pads. The part # is 04-099E. As usual, thoughts are appreciated...especially if I can pointed in the right direction to get two more! Thanks in advance!16E89DB8-80E0-419E-848F-1B8C2E9E9088.jpeg3189A528-5693-4E96-9112-7487EF471948.jpeg

The hood and fenders are the same across all models for the same year, except for the front wheel drive cars. Possibly, the pad was stamped on the wrong side. Turn it over, and see if it fits.

The hood and fenders are the same across all models for the same year, except for the front wheel drive cars. Possibly, the pad was stamped on the wrong side. Turn it over, and see if it fits.
What kind of a nut do you think I am? I already turned it 90 degrees!

The front end is the same across the lines of caddillac for each year the only CC cars that had different fronts were the 61 -64.

The one i recived fpr my 67 was like what you have. to wide. I used the center to hold it in place and trimed the sides down

Back