Help

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Huston we have a problem. I need to know were the wires go for the blower relay in a 70 oldsmobile 98. Done all the checking I can have a shop manual and a complete wiring digram. But as they are connected with a molded plug all of those cheat sheets don't show what wire goes were only what they do. So if some one has access to a 70 with the comfortron system can you look under the hood on the left side of the fire wall down low close to the head is the relay in question. It has 4 wires one big is power the other is blower one small is ground the other the trip. Just tell what colored wire gos on which peg. Some enterprising person has cut the plug off this one. Then wired the blower to a toggal switch on the dash. My guess is the relay is shot i have another, just not the knowledge of were the wires go.

OK here is what we are dealing with . as you can see it has been modified before ED. the center brown wire is the blower confirmed with a jump. the front corner is the 30 amp fuse hot wire. the green and the black with light green tracer are the two in question. the second picture is the 69 set up completely different colors. but the same relayIMG_7762.JPGIMG_7764.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here is what we are dealing with . as you can see it has been modified before ED. the center brown wire is the blower confirmed with a jump. the front corner is the 30 amp fuse hot wire. the green and the black with light green tracer are the two in question. the second picture is the 69 set up completely different colors. but the same relayView attachment 47570View attachment 47571
Ed, I don't know if you have ever used www.classicoldsmobile.com. They have a large section on their website dedicated to repair and restoration, with various sub sections in that category, such as electrical. They were a very handy resource for me when I had my '59 Olds. There were also a lot of helpful members on that site that would share their knowledge or snap a photo of something.

Back