Hearse I used in today's service

Is this something or what? Look at that massive hinged to open the rear door. Made in Ohio but unsure of the maker.

Attachments

• IMG_6116[1].jpg
    IMG_6116[1].jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_5442[1].jpg
    IMG_5442[1].jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 915
I like the look of these new Superiors, but I wish they didn't cheap out on the interior so much. I didn't like the loading door hinge when I first saw them, but they do get the door out of the way.

Richard, after staring at that awhile, there is nothing about the design I like at all. The back door is horrible, and I predict problems down the road with their fancy new door "hinge"...
I searched for something I liked on the car, and I finally found it - I love those wheel covers...
Lord help let this '08 last a long time...

Attachments

• 08 May 9.jpg
    08 May 9.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 870
They are coming out with a lower-roofed model and that lower-roofed version will have the more traditional hinge design on the loading door as well. It sounds like sales have been disappointing on this design.

It would be nice if GM/Cadillac would once again come out with a commercial chassis. With a commercial glass windshield, the gentles that horrendously ugly curve. There is nothing attractive about these modern-day funeral cars in my opinion.

They are coming out with a lower-roofed model and that lower-roofed version will have the more traditional hinge design on the loading door as well. It sounds like sales have been disappointing on this design.

The lower roof model does look much nicer, but I would take one either way. There are a few discussions in the forums about the looks of these new 2013-14 Cadillac designs. I was not sure about them until I saw a new Superior last fall and it looked a lot better in person, I would be proud to own one.
Here is a shot of the lower roof S&S.

2014 S&S 1.jpg

2014 S&S 2.jpg

2014 S&S 3.jpg

As I've stated previously.....if I get "hauled off" in one of those ugly things, I'm comin' back and somebody's gettin' haunted!!!!! Sheeeessshhh!!!

I agree with John in that the lower roof line looks much better and fits Cadillac's styling(or lack thereof). You really cannot blame the coach builders for Cadillac's design work. They can only build on what Cadillac, or Lincoln, gives them to work with. Lincoln's styling is worse yet.

im ol skool

As I've stated previously.....if I get "hauled off" in one of those ugly things, I'm comin' back and somebody's gettin' haunted!!!!! Sheeeessshhh!!!

Amen brother. here you don't have to use a hearse and have had many good ol boys funerals and they will use a pickup truck for the coach. nuthin wrong with that in my opinion. plus saves 1k to 1500 on bill. one of my wrecker drivers died and we used one of my flat bed wreckers to the cemetery. id rather be in a truck than one of these new coaches. there fugly.

On the other hand, Accubuilt has recognized that these initial designs have been widely rejected by funeral directors (empty order books will have that effect) and have redesigned some of the product line. The new S&S Victoria on the 2014 XTS platform looks (in the photos I've seen) much more traditional and less wedgy (read ugly). It features a lower, smoother roofline, a traditionally hinged rear door and more traditional (and acceptable) balanced and flowing lines. Unlike the horrid 2014 "Masterpiece" with its misplaced rear quarter windows and ultra-wedge-look styling, this is actually a good-looking car - again judging from photos I've seen. If it's not already too late, this may well be the design that saves the brand. Let's hope this sanity spreads to the remainder of the product line....as well as competitors.

The lower roof model does look much nicer, but I would take one either way. There are a few discussions in the forums about the looks of these new 2013-14 Cadillac designs. I was not sure about them until I saw a new Superior last fall and it looked a lot better in person, I would be proud to own one.
Here is a shot of the lower roof S&S.

View attachment 24479

View attachment 24480

View attachment 24481

The driver's compartment looks so low it doesn't seem like you could sit up straight.... I guess what I miss are tall commercial windshields where the sun visors are so high up they don't even serve any purpose =D

off the topic a bit

Richard,noticed the name Dignity side windows and rear,obviously a big outfit so no renting out units per say ,do they display homes or chapel names in side windows or is this not done, up here recently with various police fire and military funerals have noticed they put service emblem on side door of coach be it police fire or military,but the funeral home plates still in side windows,just curious.thanks,

The driver's compartment looks so low it doesn't seem like you could sit up straight.... I guess what I miss are tall commercial windshields where the sun visors are so high up they don't even serve any purpose =D

There is just as much headroom as there would be in a standard Cadillac. You guys that don't like the new Cadillac style will like it even less from the front., lots of tumblehome. Of course, as mentioned before I do like them, but Im a little strange.
2013 Superior 1 (2).jpg

Back