Front end parts needed for 74 MM

My mechanic just looked at my car today and it's going to need front-end work. The drive to the shop was treacherous, to say the least as the steering was all over the place. He says the center link, idler arm and steering gear box are shot. He looked up parts from NAPA and O'Reilly and found they were special order at a very high cost.

I told him I would check with here and see what recommendations you all have for sourcing parts. Would these parts be considered commercial chassis or would Fleetwood parts be the same?

Thanks

Dave

The front suspension parts are the same across the board for both passenger and commercial chassis cars. As long as you are getting into it, you might as well do both upper and lower control arm bushings and ball joints. When I had my 1969 Cadillac done, it cost about $1200 for parts and labor, about 10 years ago. It is never inexpensive, but it is worthwhile when you consider your safety. If your shop is OK with you buying the parts, then go with parts from Rock Auto. Just purchase name brand parts.

Kanter Auto Products Boonton NJ WWWkanter.com offer suspension kits and parts. As far as Power Steering goes what wrong with it? I have several parts cars in the yard funny as Power Steering units on these seldom go "BAD" usually just leak need more details

Back