Florida antique license plates; for hearses and ambulances

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
These plates were designated for hearse/ambulance use - by the letter K. The first number represents the county order by population. The following number is the serial number of that combination. Florida vehicles can use these plates without regard to what the letter stands for or what county it was originally issued in.
You can send this plate to the state to have it validated and registered to any vehicle of that year.
27: Highlands County, 1966. 19: Brevard 1973 (notice the blotches on the plate). 8: Volusia 1969; 50: Washington 1973 32: Indian River 1969
These plates look good as is. First come first served. FREE SHIPPING. Each plate: $10. Shipping for 1 is $1.80, for 2 $3.00, for 3 or more in same package $7.95.
I have more FL plates, but not for professional cars, and average. condition.
***I will keep these off ebay and other sites until May 31, 2021.***
Time to start my annual garage sale!
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_8756.JPG
    IMG_8756.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 113
Don't you have to be a Florida resident to use the Florida license plate? Does Florida have any restrictions on the use? I would like to reserve 50K-2 until the questions above have been answered. thanks Paul

Hi! Yes, you have to have a Florida title and registration. There are no restrictions, such as daylight use only, etc. The only restriction is that it must match the year of the vehicle it's going on. Let's put it this way, you need a FL address.....
What do you recommend for a siren behind the grille???? Thanks!

Depends on how much room you have. The area behind the grille of a 1969 Cadillac isn't very much, so it is difficult to shoe horn much of a siren in there. I will have to check my car for room.

Super! Let me know the cost with shipping. PayPal or check?
Thanks for your usual help!!!!
Got the 69 back two weeks ago and they painted it red and white where it was, rather than how it came from the factory- of which I provided a photo. So they did it again and I got it home today. It's very stripped out except for the patient compartment. Took a year to find a body shop that would gladly do it. It's a small local Ford dealer. Now they're doing the 70 Superior. Phew

I took the Q off. I felt it was too big for that kind of roofline. I took the wiring out as well, and filled in all the holes. I also removed the two
CP speakers. Each speaker had its own siren!!!!! One Federal and one Smith & Wesson. This will have the 184 and the four corner lights on the roof. The electronic speaker is already concealed. Anyway, it's great to have it home and I can work on it anytime.

I'll find the pictures and post them.the plate goes off to the drivers side with the large part of the siren in the center.

Post some pictures of the siren and how it is mounted. It will help a lot of people going forward... thanks

Back