Engine work

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
Last week I had a gasket overhaul, and timing chain with cam gear replaced. The car had several oil leaks, we replaced the oil pan gasket, front timing cover gasket, oil pump, and water pump gaskets, and installed a new timing chain, and cam gear. The engine block and radiator were flushed, and new coolant was added. I also had the front engine seal, and rear main seal replaced. My mechanic used this as a filler project in between other jobs, and also degreased and painted all the parts he removed. After driving to the garage and letting it get cold I checked a day later, and no drips. As for now the mechanical issues are resolved, now time for bodywork, paint, chrome and interior.:D

Last week I had a gasket overhaul, and timing chain with cam gear replaced. The car had several oil leaks, we replaced the oil pan gasket, front timing cover gasket, oil pump, and water pump gaskets, and installed a new timing chain, and cam gear. The engine block and radiator were flushed, and new coolant was added. I also had the front engine seal, and rear main seal replaced. My mechanic used this as a filler project in between other jobs, and also degreased and painted all the parts he removed. After driving to the garage and letting it get cold I checked a day later, and no drips. As for now the mechanical issues are resolved, now time for bodywork, paint, chrome and interior.:D

We want to see.....

spray paint rebuild

My 1968 limo did not come with a engine or transmission , last year I got both off of craigs list for $800.00 I had the transmisson rebuilt for $300.00 and then rebuild the motor with two cans of spray paint. This year I am going to replace the exhast manifold and just keep a supply of kitty litter for the drips, Mind if I ask what did he charge for replacing the gaskets? My wife dose not like the drips on her drive way when I do bring it home

............I got both off of craigs list for $800.00 I had the transmisson rebuilt for $300.00 and then rebuild the motor with two cans of spray paint. ................

This has to be the least expensive way to rebuild an engine that I have ever heard of. :hide: :weneedpics_smi:

My 1968 limo did not come with a engine or transmission , last year I got both off of craigs list for $800.00 I had the transmisson rebuilt for $300.00 and then rebuild the motor with two cans of spray paint. This year I am going to replace the exhast manifold and just keep a supply of kitty litter for the drips, Mind if I ask what did he charge for replacing the gaskets? My wife dose not like the drips on her drive way when I do bring it home

My mechanic charged me 650.00 for all the work. I felt this was reasonable for the work performed.

This has to be the least expensive way to rebuild an engine that I have ever heard of. :hide: :weneedpics_smi:

three cans would have slowed the drips down some. don't forget the pizza boxes. keep one in the trunk put it under the car when you take it home.

it does sound like the man did you a good price in the 63. letting him work it in and not hold up other work worked this time. it all depends on the man. I have heard of other stories that did not go as well.

As of today we are still very dry under the car. Here are some photos. It was dark in the garage and to cold to pull the car out (18 degrees). I hope the pics came out well enough to see.

Attachments

• Engine work 001.jpg
    Engine work 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Engine work 002.jpg
    Engine work 002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 102
nothing like the flash to show up the rusty spots is there. but it's nice that he painted when he had it apart. so much easer to do it then then later.

Back