Drive Shaft issues

So the center carrier bearing broke loose causing a vibration when driving. I was told the original u-joints probably jammed up causing the carrier bearing to get out of whack. It goes to a shop tomorrow and he will remove the drive shaft and I will take it to a drive-line shop in South bend to have the bearing replaced as well as all the u-joints and have it balanced. Once complete then back to the shop for installation.IMG_9362.jpgIMG_9365.jpg

On the front drive shaft there is a double cardoon ball socket between the u joints. There is small hole there with a recessed grease fitting, never seems to get lubed. They should chk it also.

cv_ball.jpg

If your not running long distances down the road why as long as they don't have any dry rot or cracks showing? I'm thinking the next set I get will be the 890 black wall and get the correct white wall cut in.

If your not running long distances down the road why as long as they don't have any dry rot or cracks showing? I'm thinking the next set I get will be the 890 black wall and get the correct white wall cut in.
I want a set that is higher than what I'm using. I would love the tires that was on it when I got it since they were very tall tires but heck if I can remember what Captian Video used.

Recommendations on a taller tire for the Lifeliner?

now if you want an original-looking tire. You can go to a 700x15 but once again there is no white wall from Cooker/Universal you can get the right size of 890x15 but the only whitewall they offer is 5 inches. They look good on a 50s car and up to 61 they are the correct 32 in dimentor tire in a bias ply. And you probably only get 20 years out of a set. Get them in black and have Diamond Back cut in the correct whitewall then you have the tires that were on the car when it was new. I have 4 of the correct replacement tires but they are studed snow tires.

Back