Danny Ryder, did you get a new toy?

I see you changed your avatar which I take it this is a new ambulance for you. Yes?

077.jpg

Yes Richard, a new toy on the way this week but picture you referred to is last one I had a few years ago which was a 70 and the new one is a 69 but basically same car but this one better shape. You can't corner the market on all the ambulances now!:rolleyes:

Yes RIchard, a new toy on the way this week but picture you referred to is last one I had a few years ago which was a 70 and new one is a 69 but basically same car but this one better shape. You can't corner the market on all the ambulances now!:rolleyes:

Well CONGRATULATIONS and we need pictures!!! And as far as cornering the market on Pro-Cars, "You're the man!"

Although the 1969 and the 1970 models look very much alike, they are not the same under the hood. I have learned that there are a lot of parts on the 1969 that didn't stay the same for the 1970 model year. I have also learned that the 1969 is much closer to sharing parts with the 1968 model year chassis, which on the outside looks quite different.

Although the 1969 and the 1970 models look very much alike, they are not the same under the hood. I have learned that there are a lot of parts on the 1969 that didn't stay the same for the 1970 model year. I have also learned that the 1969 is much closer to sharing parts with the 1968 model year chassis, which on the outside looks quite different.

Good to know Paul, will remember that when I start working on the beast.

Also keep in mind that the replacement auto parts industry doesn't understand the difference between a commercial chassis and a standard chassis car, so they will list the same part as if it were identical. Many times it will fit, but it will not perform the same. The master cylinder and brake booster are 2 items that come to mind that I noticed were different in the parts book. The master cylinder has a specific coding casted into the unit to designate the commercial chassis only part.

It's on it's way

Here's Danny's new car, loaded on the trailer and heading to Georgia. It was picked up earlier this evening from my friend's house in MD. They didn't tear off the exhaust system or anything!

Good luck, Danny, enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC05339s.jpg
    DSC05339s.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 98
Holy Crap Steve I thought I was getting the red one? Just kidding and thanks for all the help, looking forward to the new arrival being Ron's Devies/Peter Jennings former 80 combo out of shop today getting all rusty spots fixed and undercoated. The 67 S&S caddy combo park row will be done at mechanics this week and soon to paint shop, when the 69 gets here will see what it needs mechanical then off to paint shop. Going back to Peters this weekend to get other two cars I left last trip.:rolleyes:

Good luck Danny I considered buying this car when Steve first posted about it, but I opted for my 1963 Cadillac Superior Hightop. All the best.:)

Car arrived this morning while I was at doctor, have not had time to check it out but from first glance very happy and better than I had hoped for. THanks Steve and Janet for your help in getting this one. Shipper did screw up drivers door lock somehow and can't open at the moment.:rolleyes:

Back