Chrome plating.

Tri-City Plating in Tennessee is who I use. https://www.tricityplating.com I give them the parts at Carlisle and pick them up the following Carlisle. They don't fix rusted-out bumpers, only remove dents and straighten. Considering the cost of shipping, you might be better off using AIH out of Dubuque, IA 563-582-8235, and Keystone automotive out of Madison, WI 612-789-1919. I had used both of these companies in the past, however, I can't find a website for either today. Keystone Is now LKQ, and I don't know if they closed or sold the plating plant that they operated when I owned the Chrysler, and AIH no longer has a website. I do know that a lot of the chrome plating shops have closed in the past few years. Even Bumper Boyz of California who used to come to the car shows with a trailer load of re-chromed bumpers has downsized its operations. From past experience, I wouldn't recommend Bumper Boyz. I also know of Superior Plating in Anaheim CA 714-774-1174 doing bumpers, however, that was also a long time ago. They are still in business, but their website no longer mentions bumpers.
You can also try Ogden Plating. They do a lot of hot rod stuff, and I have seen their work. Very good, but very expensive. ogdenchrome.com

I use:
Industrial Plating
1149 Florence Blvd.
Omaha, NE 68102

They do beautiful work and are fair in their pricing. They also turn the work fairly quickly. Randy is the owner and a great guy. Best of all.... they are about 4 miles from home! They have a website.

Last edited:
This is the last piece that they did for me. This is one of the 2 turn signal bumper "pods" for the front bumper on my '59 Imperial. These "pods" are always badly scraped and dented to where they are "out of round", because of where they are mounted. This one was as well. This is the finished product.

Attachments

• '59 Pod.jpg
    '59 Pod.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 25
Sounds good found a few places in denver and one in Odoed doing show chrome. The 69-70 olds had a problem i have not found one that is not rusted out at the mounts. But i have it fixed now ready to send in. I call them monday.

I now have two repaired 70 bumpers the first one was not as successful as I had hoped but had a lot of damage. we ended up with a lot of pits in the weld. the second one only two smaller spots. took what I learned from the first to do it a little different. so that's the one that goes in. my 4 pictures first attempt. thenext 2 the second oneIMG_5509.JPGIMG_5510.JPGIMG_6302.JPGIMG_6303.JPGIMG_6466.JPGIMG_6516.JPG

I now have two repaired 70 bumpers the first one was not as successful as I had hoped but had a lot of damage. we ended up with a lot of pits in the weld. the second one only two smaller spots. took what I learned from the first to do it a little different. so that's the one that goes in. my 4 pictures first attempt. thenext 2 the second one
Ed, let's see some more full pics of that beautiful C/B!

it's getting there. been taking more apart then putting back together. getting glass back in place and door seals in to get it weather tight at least. it needs a bath badly but she is a pretty green

Attachments

• IMG_6416.JPG
    IMG_6416.JPG
    785.3 KB · Views: 19
So from what i have found out most all the bumpers are being done by North Star Plating out of Minnesota.they are paying other shops a 10% finders fee to send there bumpers to them. So looks there are the place.

That is the LKQ facility if it is the one that LKQ/Keystone owned, or still owns.

Back