Can this really be a 65?

Yep, it could be a '65 alright. I saw one about 20 years ago in Georgia, just like it. Seeing the car in this condition makes me regret not buying a '62 limo that was sold at the Kruse Auction Park in Auburn IN about 10 years ago for $200. It drove, at least to the spot on the auction parking lot. Would have been an awesome parts car, if nothing else. Tom

A similar thing happened with Cadillac's 1948 and 1949 models.

For 1948 the limousines and commercial chassis kept 1947 styling while the regular passenger cars got an all-new body. For 1949 the commercial chassis changed but the limousines again kept 1947 styling.

Finally, for the 1950 model year, a funeral director could buy a matching set of Cadillacs.

THe biggest difference between the 48 Fleetwood Series 75 and the 1949 model was the 1949 received the OHV V-8 while the 1948 model had the flathead 8

Didn't the 65 limo use the newer transmission? Reverse would be next to the park and not all the way to the right when shifting. I know the 65 limo used different hubcaps than the 64. That is an easy way to tell. I think there are other very small differences like the ones above.

Didn't the 65 limo use the newer transmission? Reverse would be next to the park and not all the way to the right when shifting. I know the 65 limo used different hubcaps than the 64. That is an easy way to tell. I think there are other very small differences like the ones above.

65 Uses the Turbo 400 ,and I think 64 ?

Back